Just Back Carib Princess 11/26 - 12/3

sallycruiser

Just back from a wonderful vacation on the Carib Princess.. The weather was great, the ship is beautiful, the food good. We saw the comedians and production shows and thought they were very good.

Went to Coki Beach in St Thomas, first time, and we enjoyed it. Spent the day in St Maarten at the beach in town and enjoyed it rather than taking a cab to Orient Beach which we have down many times. We really liked St Maarten this time over St Thomas..

Didn't do much this vacation but relax as we have been at these stops many times before. But for first timers there is plenty to do and see. We love the two days at sea in the beginning of the cruise that sets the stage for relaxation. We had a balcony cabin on Riveria deck and spent most of our time on the balcony. I like the location near aft pool and horizon court.

We had Anytime dining, which we enjoy, but this time found it very busy and we were not able to get a table for the three of us anytime. Many times we had to sit with a table of ten, which caused our dining time to be too long and we missed the shows. We enjoyed dinning with others, but sometimes we wanted to dine alone. Since they now take reservations in the anytime dining rooms, it makes it less enjoyable as you must plan ahead for what time you want to dine... on the only night we decided to make a reservation they could not accommodate us. Since many people do make reservations in anytime dining, I have found it more difficult to walk in and get a table ( my only complaint)

As I look out my window right now it is snowing and I must go back to work on Monday, so I only have the memories of last week to enjoy.

Next cruise is to the Baltics in May 2006.

What time were you trying to dine and they could not accommodate you?? We have been on the Grand and the Golden and really liked anytime dining, but on both ships, we were able to walk up and either get a table immediately or with a short wait.On one ship, it was just the two of us, but on the other we were a foursome. The idea of reservations seems to negate the whole premise.

We used the Coral dining room.. didn't try the Palm which is aft on floor 6. forgot to mention that we did the Sterling Steak dining room and it was terrific..

We also ate at the Caribe Cafe which is on 15 next to Horizon Court.. it was also very nice.

Thanks Sallycruiser from what I hear on the boards the Palm is hardly ever crowded that's the one we are going to use.

One more question did you have a child with you? If so what age?

Sally, thanks for posting. You probably would have had better luck in the Palm Dining room. On both of our cruises, first time was table for two and second time was table for five, we always went into the Palm Dining room and waited once for five minutes. I found other posters say that the Palm Dining room is less crowded.

Sure must be hard being back and finding snow.........we woke up with snow too today.:(

On the same cruise, 3rd w/Princess, 1st on Caribbean Princess. Wife and I are in our mid-40's. Ate dinner in Palm Dining room as our cabin was in the aft part of the ship. Never waited for a table for 2 and went usually between 7-7:30pm.

All in all, I thought the cruise was very nice. 13th overall cruise and one of the best. I thought the entertainment was quite good (and very divese for a change), food overall very good and overall service much better than average. All (food, entertainment and service) much better than I experienced on an Alaska cruise in May/June on the Norwegian Spirit.

Never reall felt the crowds but, having been on the Grand and Golden, I thought the Caribbean Princess and its extra deck had more sea movement even though the seas were calm all week. I liked Cafe Caribe but missed the outside seating overlooking the back pool. I don't know what the thought is/was with Club Fusion vs. the Vista Lounge. The space didnot seem to be used as much as other ships with the Vista Lounge. Liked the expanded gym/Spa and the Thermal Suite.

Chris

Archived