AMA WI-FI and Computer

sarcar97

We're going on a AMA Christmas Markets on the Danube in December. I plan on taking a LOT of pictures but want to see if on AMA if there is a place to insert a SD Card to upload pictures to Shutterfly for immediate viewing by our friends back home.

The camera also has access to WI-FI but not for Shutterfly.

Edited by sarcar97

We were on both the AMA Prima and AMA Sonata for Magnificent Europe (2013) and Magnificent Europe Christmas (2014) and had decent Wi-Fi on both. Remember, however, when going through locks and valleys, the connection is so-so (or non-existent) until it can get line-of-site with satellites. It was rare that we went multiple days without some wi-fi connection.

Photos these days are generally very large files and will soak up a lot of the ship's bandwidth if uploaded on board. I reduce the photos to a more manageable size before uploading on the ship. I use the free FastStone Photo Resizer. The file size of the copies it makes are typically reduced by a factor of 5 or more and the resulting image is perfectly adequate for online viewing. Your shipmates will appreciate it if you do this kind of file size reduction before uploading and limit the number of photos you upload. You can upload them all at full size when you get home.

Pulling the card and uploading a 'LOT' of full sized files is not going to make you very popular, but I'm guessing the question you are asking is are there any publicly available computers to let you do that... ?