Question for those that have been to Cuba

Twinprincesses

Since this is a cruise forum I'm assuming you're going on a cruise ship that provides you with clean water and toilet paper. I would think most people would be fine just bringing along a water bottle they can refill onboard and carying a travel size pack of tissues they can use during their excursions.

How is the water there? We were thinking about bringing a life straw water bottle. I also heard you should bring your own toilet paper. Can anyone confirm these 2 items please.

We took bottled water from the ship on our excursions in Havana. We also brought along wipes and tissues, but most of the restrooms have attendants who will give you a small piece of tp if you tip them.

I cruised there in May of this year. YES bring tissues, wet wipes AND sanitizing gel. Some lavatories only allow you to throw your tp/tissue in the trash and the sinks don't work or have running water. I never saw an attendant .... FYI.

I also brought my water bottle to the dining room each morning and asked it to be filled with ice water. They did that happily for me. It was filled with more ice than water and as it melted during the day it was still cool water to drink.

Thank you for your responses. I has heard it was really hot there so I was wondering on an all day excursion about refilling our water bottle and not carrying a bunch.

We carried cold water with us and 1 day bought a cold bottled water from a restaurant in Old Havana. I don't think you'd want to refill your water bottle with water from a bathroom in Havana.