Flights into New Orleans

Jabmrb

Just received our ticketed flights from CCL. OUR 10/8/17 cruise on the dream leaves at 4:00. Our flight arrives at 12:38. Does this sound like enough time to make a 3:00 boarding to you frequent cruisers? Wondering if we should change to the day before. Worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh my... That is really cutting it close. Any little problem - sick pilot, plugged toilet on the plane, traffic from the airport and your cruise leaves without you. I would either arrive the day before or earlier in the day, but at my age, I'm not a gambling man...

We are lucky enough to live on east coast and always drive to our ports and I would not get to port any later than the day before. Do not want the worry of something going wrong or some other reason to make us late on day of, you just never know! If it were me, I would change in a heartbeat....

I have never bought airfare from the cruise line before. What do they'd do about people who are delayed since you bought the airfare directly from carnival? Would they hold departure like they do for some carnival

Excursions or do they make arrangements at their expense to get you to the next port?

Obviously if you bought your own airfare the cruise line has no obligation to accommodate you but since they are making the travel arrangements they should have some liability

That is cutting it really close but since you booked through carnival, I do believe that if something goes wrong like a delayed flight then carnival would make arrangements for you to meet the ship in the next port. However, if you don't have a passport I don't think that would do you much good.

Sent from my VS995 using Forums mobile app

Just received our ticketed flights from CCL. OUR 10/8/17 cruise on the dream leaves at 4:00. Our flight arrives at 12:38. Does this sound like enough time to make a 3:00 boarding to you frequent cruisers? Wondering if we should change to the day before. Worried.

Just hope there are no delays.

For peace of mind I would come in a day early but you will have the added cost of a hotel room. I have actually flown in to NOLA to catch a cruise arrived at 1:00 and didn't have a problem.

They booked it so it is their responsibility to get you to the ship. However, if you told them you had to fly in the day of the cruise I would be prepared to lose a little money if they need to move you to another flight.