What comfort foods from home do you wish you had on board?

flagger

This is purely a fantasy thread and I know people cruise to try new things, but everyone has comfort foods. So what food item from home do you wish you could find on board.

ME:

Microwave Burritos

Cold Meat Loaf Sandwiches

MS FLAGGER:

Thin tortilla chips and homemade salsa

Flagger, I'm with the Mrs's on this one, but I'll go a bit farther-I want "real" nachos...the ones that get broiled in the oven so the cheese melts...not the ones with "cheese sauce"...now there's a thought for the windjammer...a "make your own nachos" station.....you build 'em how you want em, and they put them under the broiler...

This is purely a fantasy thread and I know people cruise to try new things, but everyone has comfort foods. So what food item from home do you wish you could find on board.

Golombki--Polish stuffed cabbage with sides of pierogi,potato ,cheese,and mushroom and cabbage.

MrsFixitCT, You are right. I would love to see any cruise line make good nachos or any Mexican food.

Actually there is a pretty good Mexican buffet lunh one day in the middle of the week when in port-if you are onboard-try the guacamole-it is superb-fresh and garlicy

I would like to second the person who said ice cream. Ben and Jerry specifically, find it very hard to live without these 2 for a whole week:p.......Mmmmmmmmm....Ice cream.....
Be careful what you wish for. I don't happen to like that cruise-lines are bringing on more name brands. RCI does have Ben & Jerry's, and it is not cheap. In my opinion it would be better if the cruise-line made their own ice-cream and gave it out for free. I don't want name brands on a cruise ship because with a name brand you have to pay for the name, when the product should be free.

I agree with you Eric. Celebrity DOES offer decent ice cream as part of the cruise price. I especially like their rum rasin and also thin mint flavors. I've been able to get it in the buffet area on Mercury in the afternoon, and you can always get ice cream in the dining room at dinner. Lunch too, I suppose. If they brought Ben & Jerry's on *AND* asked me to pay extra for it, I'd simply not eat the ice cream. I can get Ben & Jerry's by the bucketfull at home, after all. And as much as I like a nice espresso after dinner, I often don't bother because you have to pay extra for it in the dining room. I don't mind paying extra for alcoholic drinks, not at all, but when it gets down to ice cream and coffee I'd rather not. Besides, even the stuff they make in Cova Cafe can't compare to what the coffee house down the street from me can do. They select, roast, and grind their own beans.

But hey, if it ends up on the ship it's easy enough for me to ignore. But if enough of that brand-name nickel-and-diming crops up then I might start thinking about some other form of vacation.

Archived