Cruise next

texsnow

I never said thought could use all 4. That would be nice. I wasn't clear what the 4 $250 would be for honestly. I thought maybe use 2.

Then what did you think you were buying?

I never buy 4 certs as I know it might not use them in time

The most I buy is 2 because you get the same % off for 2 as you do for 4

The only time you lose some % off is when you buy 1

Thus...$250 minus $100 discount equals $150. When buying 1 cert

And...$500 minus $250 discount (or $125 off for buying multiple certs) equals $250

Also...$1000 minus $500 discount when buying 4 certs

Scenario 2 and 3 are the same % off so no need to buy 4 certs unless you know you will use them

The only benefit is buying 2 versus 1 cert where you get an extra $25 off

No need to be holding 4 certs imho but Ncl loves it when you hold 4 certs and they get to hold your money

Ncl also loves it when pax use the term obc regarding certs

You will notice I use the term discount....because that's what it is

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes very confusing actually. If 4 vouchers equal $1000 then should be able to use more than one.

The most you can use is 2 per cabin....sometimes

I'm interested to know why you think you could use 4 certs for one cabin

As you are holding 4 certs you can

Either book 1 cabin on 4 different cruises

Book 1 cabin on 2 cruises if Ncl will allow use of 2 certs each

Or

Book 4 cabins on 1 cruise....which is why pax buy multiple certs...if they are taking family etc. among other reasons as well but as I posted earlier buying 1 or 2 certs at a time works for most pax

The CruiseNext certificates are transferable; you can give or sell them to anyone who has an NCL account.

Never sign on the line which is dotted unless you are 100% + 1% certain you understand the fine print (PRINT being the operative word, not any verbal sales pitch >> ESPECIALLY one delivered by NCL reps).

Bought them 6 months ago. Will use but wish I knew the fine print.

What exactly is the fine print you don't understand?

I've read all your posts and they seem contradictory

You say you never expected to use all 4 at once but then say you should be getting $1000 off?

How about this.....

Just state clearly what the fine print issue actually is. Ok?

We do cruise a lot but disappointed that I didn't understand it. I assumed use at once or never would have bought 4.

Did you actually ask

"Can we use all 4 at one time on one cabin?"

If so what was their answer

If you didn't and just assumed as you said....we'll it's a fact of life that people make mistakes and assume incorrect t things....it's gonna happen again. Lol.

To everyone eventually and in things mush more important than Ncl cruise next certs

Honestly just use at least 2 to get your investment back and be done with it

Or

Just book enough cruises to use them up

It's not the end of the world

I've never bought nor used Next coupons, but they sound like a nice deal, so I'm trying to learn about them before my upcoming cruise when I may invest in a couple.

Consider this scenario. If while on board, I purchase a $250 certificate, it sounds like my on board account will then show a purchase of $250 AND an OBC of $100. Is this what I would expect to see on my account? If so, I can fully understand how the OBC becomes confusing.

I've never bought nor used Next coupons, but they sound like a nice deal, so I'm trying to learn about them before my upcoming cruise when I may invest in a couple.

Consider this scenario. If while on board, I purchase a $250 certificate, it sounds like my on board account will then show a purchase of $250 AND an OBC of $100. Is this what I would expect to see on my account? If so, I can fully understand how the OBC becomes confusing.

Correct. They didn't use to say that the OBC could be used toward the certificate so people thought they had $100 to spend on something else. I just got off the Breakaway and in all the literature and talks about them they said the OBC could be used towards the CruiseNext vouchers.

All about $250 certificates...

You purchase one you get $100 OBC, net cost $150 per cert.

You purchase two you get $250 OBC, net cost $125 per cert. (This is often referred to buy one get one free,)

The rule is one cert per future cabin reservation, but very frequently that limit is raised to two per cabin. Also if you sail as a group with more than one cabin you can use the one (sometimes two) for each cabin.

Yes so I got charged $1000, but then was credited $500 on my account. So if you had a balance it would buy it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums