A Magic Vacation (8/19-8/26 2017; Eastern Caribbean)

dctravel

I should also note that being on the allergy protocol can cause dinner to take a little longer. This isn't necessarily bad, but something you should know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally ok with it taking longer. I completely understand the effort in making such meals.

We will definitely bring some chips, Lara or rx bars, and other snacks to make it a little easier for her.

The imagination doesn't have the steakhouse but I'll still ask whether they would have a dairy free sorbet or other similar dessert.

Thankfully I've sailed on imagination before so I have a good idea of what is offered on the lido deck and had already made a mental note of what she could eat, like bunless guys burgers, salad, fruit, roasted veggies, grilled meats, tacos w/o sour cream and cheese, etc. Mom is used to ordering a specific way at restaurants but having the same server every night will make the process easier when trying to explain what variation of something she needs.

I told her what you said about them being on top of the allergies and making sure everything was safe which made her give a big sigh of relief. It's definitely her biggest worry and one reason why she's never done a real vacation. I'm determined to make this trip as awesome and relaxed as possible.

I told her what you said about them being on top of the allergies and making sure everything was safe which made her give a big sigh of relief. It's definitely her biggest worry and one reason why she's never done a real vacation. I'm determined to make this trip as awesome and relaxed as possible.

Just stay vigilant. As I said early in my review, our first breakfast waiter did not understand that we had ordered the night before and served my son regular pancakes. Even after we asked him to double check, and he ensured us they were diary free, they looked to much like my daughters pancakes. When in doubt get the dining room manager. They can get the chef or call to get clarification!

Just stay vigilant. As I said early in my review, our first breakfast waiter did not understand that we had ordered the night before and served my son regular pancakes. Even after we asked him to double check, and he ensured us they were diary free, they looked to much like my daughters pancakes. When in doubt get the dining room manager. They can get the chef or call to get clarification!

We definitely will be. She watches everything like a hawk so I'm sure this trip will be no different. I really appreciate your review of your cruise and including your experience with cruising and having food allergies. We will get on top of it by letting carnival know soon and talking to the dining room staff that first day. Thanks again for all the helpful advice, tips, and for sharing your story! I'll try to dm you if I think of any other questions. I tried before and it said I wasn't allowed. I'm guessing it's because I'm the new kid on the block. [emoji6]