What my cruise fare includes ?

Jay82

I'm a first time cruiser and would like to know about Meals in the complimentary dining venues, i.e.:

• Two main dining rooms on every ship except Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Getaway which have three
  • Buffet
  • 24-hour Dining venue (on select ships)
  • Room service menu items (convenience charge may apply)
  • Outdoor Buffet (on select ships)
  • Pool Bar and Grill (on select ships)
  • Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge.

Is there still an associated fee with dining in these venues and the two main dining rooms? or are they free of charge?

Thank you for your answers.

I'm a first time cruiser and would like to know about Meals in the complimentary dining venues, i.e.:

• Two main dining rooms on every ship except Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Getaway which have three
  • Buffet
  • Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge.

Is there still an associated fee with dining in these venues and the two main dining rooms? or are they free of charge?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but in general if its not explicitly listed [room service "convenience charge" or a specialty restaurant] it is included in your fare [not 'free' ;-) ].

If you need to sign for it [e.g. drinks, specialty coffees, spa services....] then it is not included.

On my first cruise, I recall someone who was shocked by accumulating thousands in bar charges - he bought multiple rounds and did not realize that when the bartender used his card and asked him to sign he was spending real money.

Edited by TheOldBear
typo

• Buffet

Complimentary means complimentary = free, no additional charge for what you've listed.

However, on mamy NCL ships the coffee bar now charges for pastries.

Room service continental breakfast is free during breakfast hours but all other cabin service has $7.95 delivery charge.

Have you looked at the NCL website. I imagine many of your questions would be answered....and any that haven't, go to the NCL board. Many of us haven't been on that cruise line (I refuse) so you'll have better luck with those who have.

I can tell you about Princess as it's very clear cut on the website which venues don't have any charges (most of them) and which ones have a cover charge (the specialty ones).