Live From Brilliance. 29th Aug-10th Sept. W. Med

Good morning. Breakfast with a view from the CL Terrace. d4172577ca7927f67363304df224064e.jpg

We had a very pleasant evening, a good dinner in the MDR with excellent Roast Beef. We're on a table for 8 but only 2 others showed up. Another English couple who have cruised a few times.

After dinner we went up to the CL. There was one performance of the Welcome Aboard show at 7.45, a juggler but we didn't bother. Stayed chatting in the lounge and retired to read around 9.30.

For the first time in 37 cruises we've been disturbed by loud voices from the cabin next door. I don't know if Brilliance has very poor insulation but suspect it's the volume of their speech that was the problem. I struggled to get to sleep before 11.30 and was woken again by them at 7.00 am.

Ah well, it's a beautiful day. Continental breakast outside before we tender in to Villefranche. Our plan is to walk to the railway station and catch a slow train to Antibes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

subscribed. We so nearly booked this in the summer but went for the longer cruise on the Indy because of the price of flights to Barca from Brussels were so expensive.

The cruise was more expensive but by taking the car to Southampton via tunnel it worked out the same price for 2 more nights on board.

That's strange you heard noise, I thought they were well insulated, could it be the hump cabin?

Enjoy Villefranche it was my favourite port this summer.

We walked to the station in Villefranche and caught the train to Antibes. Double deckers and good views along the coast with great aircon. It's 30 C (86 F) and we're having a cold soft drink and a Croque Monsieur in a bar. We're wilting and very red faced.

Ok, time I came clean and showed myself, not just DH. It's not flattering!

c069d450378cea8c910df68b569da64a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cinnamon,

Thank you so much for documenting your cruise. We'll be on Brilliance for the TA in early November, and you're providing us a great introduction to the ship and its crew. You look and sound like you're having fun. Good! Enjoy.

Thankfully back onboard in the aircon. We've had a good day, didn't walk as much as we'd expected but it was so warm. Still managed nearly 9,000 steps already.

I've bought, written and posted some post cards to our grandchildren in Canada and India. Our next 5 stops are all in Italy [emoji634] and their postal system is dreadful.

Tonight the show is an Il Divo tribute act at 8.45 and 10.45. We have Chops booked at 7.00 so may make the early show. No formal night till our first sea day on Sunday.

We had an excellent meal in Chops. 1b05f26e16fcd5218ae843b05a3e942a.jpg

Goats Cheese salad

0b61652af35bfe80c44622415071a2d0.jpg

Lamb

b883096a88aa24af65f6d08bc003f361.jpg

Ribeye Steak

f5e914d0f7bd67b6909077b0c2d522dc.jpg

Ice Cream Sundae

eacdb66888148486ee7e01ff4cf25729.jpg

Warm Chocoale cake

Then the show was was the Four Stations, Il Divo tribute act. They were excellent, great singers with music that several times send a tingle down my spine.

If only we hadn't been woken up at 11.45, shortly after getting to sleep, by the very loud women next door again. [emoji19]

However, it's now 7.30 am, we've been docked for a while in Livorno. [emoji634]As we've visited Pisa, Florence and Lucca on previous trips we'll just take the shuttle into town and have a look around.

The locally run Shuttle bus into town is €5 pp round trip. We've had a good walk around and visited the local market.

43900dde971f673a8fd148df06cdb707.jpg

7ab42a6c71cc0fc7135ca80fa9037ab9.jpg

2fcf60e7bcc0214eed20d951d60d3cc6.jpg

2478b9812fc40fe6429222d8bd9879be.jpg

There are pleasant colonnaded walkways along the main shopping streets and have been warned that the shops all close by 1.00 pm for siesta.

We've had an issue with a drink we didn't buy being charged to our account. Called GS yesterday and they said they'd take it of. Didn't happen. [emoji19]. So we've had a nice chat in person to Jessica from GS and hopefully she's done that. Also asked about our noisy neighbours. She logged the comment and told us to phone if it happens again so that they can deal with it at the time.

Plus. Our invites for the M&M were delivered. Date and day for the previous cruise! Rather sloppy. Hopefully they'll be re-issued now that we've reported it.

Coffee Card

Today's compass advertises the card for $31 + 18%, for 15 Expresso based drinks at Cafe Latte-tudes.

We always buy coffee cards on Princess but since achieving Diamond status on Royal we don't need them here.

Also the Beer Bucket Special was mentioned, 5 for the price of 4.

Plus there are 3 & 5 bottle wine packages advertised but I don't know the prices I'm afraid.

We've had an issue with a drink we didn't buy being charged to our account. Called GS yesterday and they said they'd take it of. Didn't happen. [emoji19]. So we've had a nice chat in person to Jessica from GS and hopefully she's done that. Also asked about our noisy neighbours. She logged the comment and told us to phone if it happens again so that they can deal with it at the time.

Plus. Our invites for the M&M were delivered. Date and day for the previous cruise! Rather sloppy. Hopefully they'll be re-issued now that we've reported it. X

Hello Cinnamon- as soon as I realized that the invitations for the Meet and Mingle were wrong I had received a very nice voice message right away from the woman that is in charge who told me her manager had recognized the error and immediately asked to call me introduce herself to me and provide me with all the instructions and she also apologized for the mistake on the date. It was a mis-print not a sloppy mistake on RCCL behalf. At least they made it right by contacting me and then even reprinting new ones which still had an error. Therefore they had to redo them once again so on behalf of RCCL I give them Kudos. 🤗 They felt in case anyone wanted to keep them as souvenirs. 😉

The Meet and Mingle for our group is now on day 6 September 3rd Sunday Sea Day 10:45am at the King & Country Pub Deck 6 it will be closed off for a private function.

Hope to see you all there

Radtech

Debbie