Car seat requirement for cab/shuttles

rxgirl05

The trip did go well, Thank you! We used South Florida Shuttles it was $48 which included tip. They were very nice and easy to deal with. They came in a big van that could have fit 20 people for my family of 5 and had the car seats for us to use. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help!! Appreciate it.

From where to where? :confused: From FLL to POM? From FLL to PE?

For 10 plus bags (and several car/booster seats) you'll need to rent 2 minivans or 3 standard cars.

I would track down South FLA Shuttles to see if they can handle your group - might be cheaper and less hassle.

Sorry, I should've been more specific...

I think we're going to rent two mini vans to get from FLL to hotel. We need to get from hotel to PE, and then PE to FLL.

Thanks!

Karen

From FLL to a hotel and hotel to PE are two very short trips -- you might explore UberXL as some come with car seats (extra fee). I would also take another look at booking private transport - should be a lot easier and cheaper than renting two vans for a couple of 10-15 minute trips and then having to fill them up, drop them off, shuttle/taxi to the port, etc.

Good luck with your planning! :D

From FLL to a hotel and hotel to PE are two very short trips -- you might explore UberXL as some come with car seats (extra fee). I would also take another look at booking private transport - should be a lot easier and cheaper than renting two vans for a couple of 10-15 minute trips and then having to fill them up, drop them off, shuttle/taxi to the port, etc.

Good luck with your planning! :D

Thanks!! I opted to do the mini vans because we plan to go to the grocery store and out to dinner. We arrive in Ft Lauderdale two days before our cruise. My thought was to turn them in on Saturday night and use private transportation to PE and then again to FLL after the cruise. At least that's the plan so far...

Thanks for your help!

Karen

• 1 month later...