Royal's Excursions in Phuket

Hi folks

I have looked at the Review pages but there's nothing there, so am wondering if anyone here can advise

I am interested in the trip Royal offer in Phuket that takes you to see elephants. There is hardly any information on their own site about it either.

Has anyone been on this excursion? Is it a nice one? I don't want to ride, touch, bathe with the elephants or anything like that. But I don't want to book it and then find out that it is one of those places.

Hope someone can shed some light. thanks.

From the website......

Elephant Jungle Sanctuary - PKA1

s.gifs.gif

Enjoy opportunity to spend quality time with elephants in their natural home. Witness stunning views of the surrounding jungle, mountains while interacting with friendly, happy elephants in a safe and sustainable environment. Enjoy walking with your guide through the Sanctuary, where you will find free-roaming elephants and hear their individual stories. You can touch, feed, photograph, and interact with the elephants at your leisure while you learn about their lifestyle and behaviors. After you have met all the elephants, you will accompany them to a nearby mud spa. Get muddy with the elephants as you apply a healthy cosmetic mud treatment to their skin. Next, you will walk with the elephants to a nearby river and join them in the water for a refreshing bath. Take a swim and help bathe and brush the elephants while they wade through and play in the water.

Highlights:

• Elephant Jungle Sanctuary: Meet the elephants, play and interact and take photos with them

• Walk a short distance to the jungle and observe the elephants as they roam freely in their home, stopping frequently to eat any delicious treats the trees have to offer

• Mud spa with the elephants and join the elephants in our specially constructed outdoor "Elephant Shower Room" and cool down