New to NCL-Coffee

iancal

We were on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago. We brought a bottle of French Vanilla Creamer in our room fridge and used it every morning for the coffee as it needed all the help it could. My mother (coffee brewing expert) says that they do not have the water temp hot enough when they brew it and that is what makes the coffee taste really bad!!!

I guess my biggest complaint, and not just with NCL, but hotels and cruise ships in general is the lack of cream and sweetner in the rooms. It seems like you have maybe, two packs of sweetener, two sugars, two packs of creamer and two plastic sticks to stir with along with the obligatory two packs of coffee, one decaf, and the small coffee maker in your room. I personally use one sweetener, and a pack of creamer for each cup of coffee. Simple math will tell you that after two cups of coffee, small as the cups may be, you're SOL. You would think the cream, sugar, and sweetner were gold for the hotel or cruise line.:eek: The decanters are labeled four cups, so why not have the makings for four cups of coffee???????????:confused: I guess some corporate genius bean counter set some sort of standard and we have to live with it!:rolleyes:

There are many who prefer their coffee without any extras, just hot and "black". While I prefer the extras, I could see those likeing their coffee "black" complaining about how much precious desk space, and cost the extras waste.

You can't make everyone happy. It might as well be the bean counters.

Where would we be without them? :rolleyes:

I guess my biggest complaint, and not just with NCL, but hotels and cruise ships in general is the lack of cream and sweetner in the rooms. :

We had plenty on our Spirit cruise - and if we had wanted more, all we had to do was ask our steward/ess. If (on two occasions) I wanted real cream, in our cabin, that was provided too.

The coffee was just fine all over the ship - we must just love the hot steaming stuff - strong, weak, whatever. It felt so good to walk about on the deck with that hot mug in our hands.

I guess my biggest complaint, and not just with NCL, but hotels and cruise ships in general is the lack of cream and sweetner in the rooms. It seems like you have maybe, two packs of sweetener, two sugars, two packs of creamer and two plastic sticks to stir with along with the obligatory two packs of coffee, one decaf, and the small coffee maker in your room. I personally use one sweetener, and a pack of creamer for each cup of coffee. Simple math will tell you that after two cups of coffee, small as the cups may be, you're SOL. You would think the cream, sugar, and sweetner were gold for the hotel or cruise line.:eek: The decanters are labeled four cups, so why not have the makings for four cups of coffee???????????:confused: I guess some corporate genius bean counter set some sort of standard and we have to live with it!:rolleyes:

I did bring a bottle of creamer with me last time, but also had coffee in the morning delivered. They bring you plenty of creamers and I put them in the fridge for DH. On my way back to the room, I have taken one of their cups and filled it with creamers for the morning. You could also take a couple of sugars or sweeteners if you don't want to ask for extra. Once they know you need more, they usually bring them every morning, but it is frustrating on the first day when you don't have any.

Jackie:cool:

Archived