Hub App

LaShelle2

From what folks have reported on this forum, "it depends." There has been a good bit of speculation about the causes. What is clear is that the app needs to be running on both the sender's and receiver's side in order for a message to go through. (So apparently the Carnival Hub messaging system is not like Facebook Messenger, where the sender can send a message, it'll be saved on a server somewhere, and the receiver will receive it the next time the receiver is online.) I suspect that those who report that Hub Messaging is unreliable have apps like Clean Master that are being "helpful" by cleaning out memory periodically, shutting down apps that have been idle for a while.

As bad as cruise ship Internet is, if you're talking about something like Facebook Messenger (text without photos), you're talking about very small bits of data. I would expect that to be able to handle less reliable Internet connections than, say, watching YouTube videos, or even checking email. That's what we're going to be relying on in November.

On the Sunshine we used the "chat" feature and we were ones who had the problem that unless the app was open, we did not know we got a chat message. But we had the same issue with FB messages. The hub was still new then though. We just got off the Dream and avoided the chat program and just got social media. The FB messenger was a life saver! We had three rooms (same floor, but apart from each other), plus we all had some different excursions etc. So it was a lifesaver for messaging each other to figure out things like, dinner plans, meet up places, inside jokes..............:halo:.

On the Sunshine we used the "chat" feature and we were ones who had the problem that unless the app was open, we did not know we got a chat message. But we had the same issue with FB messages. The hub was still new then though. We just got off the Dream and avoided the chat program and just got social media. The FB messenger was a life saver! We had three rooms (same floor, but apart from each other), plus we all had some different excursions etc. So it was a lifesaver for messaging each other to figure out things like, dinner plans, meet up places, inside jokes..............:halo:.

Same for us. For my group FB messenger was also very useful as was imessage for those using iphones. I knew my son wouldn't keep the hub app open for it to receive messages so the social media plan worked very well for us instead!