Cheese and Crackers?

DoggyDaddy

We enjoy cheese, and we like to buy local cheeses while on shore. We have had no problem bringing them back on board in Europe. On our transatlantic cruise in April, 2017 we brought local cheeses, fruit and sausage in the Azores, Cherbourg, Bruge and Amsterdam. Had no problem bringing them back on board. They were all consumed by the time we disembarked. We have had no problems in South America or other European stops. There are other rules for US ports and Australia. The HAL cheese selections have become less varied over the last five years.

I do wish that they would leave the cheese assortment from lunch in place throughout the afternoon. We sometimes get a "hankering" for cheese snacks later in the afternoon. I guess with pre-planning on our part, we can save some away in our cooler. ;)

You're probably the one who made the suggestion! :) I just couldn't remember who it was. The ones I found at our grocery store are called Covermate Stretch To Fit Food Covers. I think they were about $3.75 for an assortment. We didn't use them on the ship, but they come in handy at home when you have something too tall for a normal plastic container. You know the situation. The item is too tall and the lid of the container won't fit.

Anyway... Thanks for the tip!

These are great for pastry/pie covers too. Find them in the dollar store.

I'm bringing zip lock baggies to bring goodies back to the room for cocktail hour :-)