Name change question

RS182

We have a cruise booked for January 2018 and one of our guests booked will no longer be joining us. They booked under with a 125 deposit and are fine losing it.

At first we thought we would pay the balance due and have that guest no show. Now we have a friend that wants to take tbe previous 'friends' place. I thought we could pay $50, do a name change and the friend would oay the balance due.

Called carnival to ask about it and they said they would cancel the guest not coming and rebook the new friend. We would 'lose' 125 on the new booking. ($50 to carnival and $75 for a future cruise, cant be used on the booking of the new guest.)

Am I missing a loophole to do the name change?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

They booked under with a 125 deposit and are fine losing it.

Now we have a friend that wants to take tbe previous 'friends' place.

Called carnival to ask about it and they said .. We would 'lose' 125 on the new booking. ($50 to carnival and $75 for a future cruise, cant be used on the booking of the new guest.)

The $50 name change fee has to do with substituting 1 name for another name after final payment on a non-Early Saver reservation. Like a person booked as Past Guest, Military, Senior or FunSelect.

Your question has to do with Early Saver Deposit Guidelines.

If they (the 3rd person on your reservation) booked with a $125 deposit and they paid with their credit card then they would get the $75 Future Cruise Credit after the $50 penalty.

Your friend taking their place would have to book and fully deposit themself at whatever the current deposit amount is.

We have a cruise booked for January 2018 and one of our guests booked will no longer be joining us. They booked under with a 125 deposit and are fine losing it.

At first we thought we would pay the balance due and have that guest no show. Now we have a friend that wants to take tbe previous 'friends' place. I thought we could pay $50, do a name change and the friend would oay the balance due.

Called carnival to ask about it and they said they would cancel the guest not coming and rebook the new friend. We would 'lose' 125 on the new booking. ($50 to carnival and $75 for a future cruise, cant be used on the booking of the new guest.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

That is why NEVER book ER.