Food Allergies - Crown Princess

aaklang

kt6453

. Talk to the head waiter for your dining room section and let him know about the peanut/tree nut allergy. Every night at dinner you will be given the menus for the next day and you can select your son's meals. The head waiter will assist you with making sure the dishes are all nut free.

I always mark the personalizer with my nut allergy and then on boarding there is a note telling me to talk to the HW at dinner.

Your son will be able to enjoy his nut free b'day cake.

kt6453

. Talk to the head waiter for your dining room section and let him know about the peanut/tree nut allergy. Every night at dinner you will be given the menus for the next day and you can select your son's meals. The head waiter will assist you with making sure the dishes are all nut free.

I always mark the personalizer with my nut allergy and then on boarding there is a note telling me to talk to the HW at dinner.

Your son will be able to enjoy his nut free b'day cake.

Thank you! We had a wonderful experience with Princess 2 years ago but at the time he also had an egg allergy so baked goods were not an option. Good to know there is hope. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son has a peanut allergy and the Crown was pretty good with it. No problem in the main dinning rooms. We did anytime dinning but picked out the meals the day before. If my son didn't see anything he liked on the menu they made him whatever he wanted. It was actually great because he could try all these new foods without worrying about the nuts. We also eat from the buffet. There you need to ask that your food be brought out from the back and cooked separately. This gets around the problem of cross contamination of the serving spoons. This worked most of the time but there was a bit of a language barrier so my son didn't always get what he ordered or they didn't understand that he wanted it cooked just for him. Sometimes we needed to ask for the cook and not just the servers who work behind the buffet.

• 2 weeks later...

We went Princess on the Caribbean Princess last fall (17) and had notified them prior and on the cruise regarding my daughter's intolerance to both gluten and dairy. We were disappointed in the lack of food for her. They had no bread other than toast and no desserts other than sherbet. They didn't have Udi brand buns or bread (easy accessible). Our comparison was with Royal Caribbean which really did a great job by providing had rolls, buns, cake, special desserts, etc. (we were very impressed with RC's ability to provide for these allergies). We really enjoyed the Princess cruise in every other way but not looking to go back any time soon due to the food experience. What I didn't know and hoped to get insight from others on is whether our experience was a single ship/chef OR if that was the norm... ?? thanks

We went Princess on the Caribbean Princess last fall (17) and had notified them prior and on the cruise regarding my daughter's intolerance to both gluten and dairy. We were disappointed in the lack of food for her. They had no bread other than toast and no desserts other than sherbet. They didn't have Udi brand buns or bread (easy accessible). Our comparison was with Royal Caribbean which really did a great job by providing had rolls, buns, cake, special desserts, etc. (we were very impressed with RC's ability to provide for these allergies). We really enjoyed the Princess cruise in every other way but not looking to go back any time soon due to the food experience. What I didn't know and hoped to get insight from others on is whether our experience was a single ship/chef OR if that was the norm... ?? thanks

We had a similar experience with Holland last week in Alaska

We're going on #41 Princess Cruise in two weeks. My wife is allergic to gluten, dairy, tomatoes, and eggs.

At the buffet for breakfast/dinner, just speak to one of the managers who most likely will get one of the chefs to speak to you or your son.

For dinner, our experience has been that it's prime rib the first night. We ask the server to get a headwaiter who then comes over and goes over the night's menu with my wife, which is always prime rib without the au jus, a plain baked potato, and steamed veggies. She will have a shrimp cocktail without the sauce every night. The head waiter then brings her the menu for the following dinner, and they go over it and he places her order. The following night, all she has to do is tell our server that "headwaiter" has her order. Besides a plain baked potato, she will get steamed rice or gluten free pasta with oil and garlic. They also have gluten free bread. available.

\On most Princess ships, the chefs go all out in preparing her a dinner dessert that she can eat. Some of just fantastic.

It won't matter whether you have anytime or traditional dining.