Carnival Air - Alaska

TamaLee

We are sailing Northbound on the Carnival Spirit on May 31st. I am looking for input from individuals who have flown from the Southwest or West using the Carnival Air program.

I would like to know what airline/flights that Carnvial provided for your flight to Vancouver and home from Anchorage.

Please do not post to make my own air arrangements. I am considering that as well, but I have a special issue and I need to consider Carnival air program as well. So I really would like to hear from individuals who have used the Carnival air program.

Thanks

You can always purchase transfers separately and do your own air. This way you get to pick the flights you want, and you are met at the airport and taken back to the airport by Carnival.

Thank you for your posts, I understand about booking my own air. But I am looking for a specific answer from people who have used Carnival's air program and are from the West or Southwest. I have a special situation I am trying to see if I can figure out the answer to.

Thank you for your posts, I understand about booking my own air. But I am looking for a specific answer from people who have used Carnival's air program and are from the West or Southwest. I have a special situation I am trying to see if I can figure out the answer to.

like someone said before, it will probably be America West (or technically now US Airways) from Phoenix. But you can expect Alaska as well. Either way it would probably be non-stop, not sure if Alaska offers ANC-PHX nonstop though, might have to stop in SEA.

Thanks for your input. Yes the only airlines that Carnival would use are Alaska and America West. I'm just hoping to hear from people who have actually used the Carnival air program to find out what types of planes they have flown on. We are trying to avoid flying on the commuter planes from Seattle to Vancouver. Alaska flys a small 30 seater commuter plane from Settle to Vancouver.

Thanks for your input. Yes the only airlines that Carnival would use are Alaska and America West. I'm just hoping to hear from people who have actually used the Carnival air program to find out what types of planes they have flown on. We are trying to avoid flying on the commuter planes from Seattle to Vancouver. Alaska flys a small 30 seater commuter plane from Settle to Vancouver.

Alaska does have a 737 or MD-80 one or two times a day between Seattle and Vancouver. But of course, America West would probaby be aboard a A319, A320, or 757 PHX - Vancouver, with no stops.

like someone said before, it will probably be America West (or technically now US Airways) from Phoenix. But you can expect Alaska as well. Either way it would probably be non-stop, not sure if Alaska offers ANC-PHX nonstop though, might have to stop in SEA.

Actually, just because either of those airlines offers non-stops, doesn't mean Carnival will use them. Carnival will book you on whatever flight is cheapest and has seats available at the time they book flights which is generally 30 to 60 days out. They will also take timing into consideration and if the non-stop is the only option to get you there on time that will be it. But if the cheapest flights are for example Delta making 3 stops, and it will get you there on time, then that is what they will book.

Alaska does have a 737 or MD-80 one or two times a day between Seattle and Vancouver. But of course, America West would probaby be aboard a A319, A320, or 757 PHX - Vancouver, with no stops.

Jesse - Thanks for this information. That really helped! I have requested my air deviation with Carnival for the only flight from Seattle to Vancouver on a 737! They only have the flight on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so we have also asked to be flown in a day before we sail.

You have no idea how helpful you have been.

travel.airwise.com/schedules is great because you can see all flights between two cities on a certain day and what equipment is being used. On my 31st Alaska flies a 737-400 between SEA and YVR departing Seattle at the wonderful time of 10:20 PM and arrives Vancouver at 11:15 PM. Not terrible, but not ideal either. Schedule is the same on May 30th as well. The return flight on a larger aircraft is on a MD-80 departing Vancouver at 6:50 AM and arriving in Seattle at 7:47 AM

travel.airwise.com/schedules is great because you can see all flights between two cities on a certain day and what equipment is being used. On my 31st Alaska flies a 737-400 between SEA and YVR departing Seattle at the wonderful time of 10:20 PM and arrives Vancouver at 11:15 PM. Not terrible, but not ideal either. Schedule is the same on May 30th as well. The return flight on a larger aircraft is on a MD-80 departing Vancouver at 6:50 AM and arriving in Seattle at 7:47 AM

I was able to request a flight that is on a 737 from Seattle to Vancouver on May 30th. It leaves Seattle at 1:21 pm and gets into Vancouver at 2:15 pm. Not bad. The flight from Phoenix gets into Seattle at 10:19 am so not too long of a lay over. I was able to look up the schedule on Alaska Air's web site.

I hope Carnival is able to accomodate us.

I was able to request a flight that is on a 737 from Seattle to Vancouver on May 30th. It leaves Seattle at 1:21 pm and gets into Vancouver at 2:15 pm. Not bad. The flight from Phoenix gets into Seattle at 10:19 am so not too long of a lay over. I was able to look up the schedule on Alaska Air's web site.

I hope Carnival is able to accomodate us.

you may want to check that again here's what i see for 1:21 PM to Vancouver:

Horizon Air flight 2273 departs Seattle at 1130 AM and Arrives PORTLAND, Oregon 12:19 PM

Horizon Air flight 2190 departs Portland, Oregon 1:12 PM and arrives Vancouver, B.C. at 2:25 PM

The only mainline (Alaska) flight between SEA and YVR is the 10:20 PM flight.

after doing some research on my own, America West has a non-stop PHX-YVR on May 30th departing PHX at 10:07 am and arriving YVR at 1:24 PM on a Boeing 737. One-Way fare for this flight is $202. Cheaper than on Alaska. I don't know your return date so I was unable to look up anything for ANC-PHX. Your best bet is to book this flight and book it on your own. If someone at Carnival told you that the 1:12 PM flight was a 737 flight from Seattle they were dead wrong. At best its a Canadair Regional Jet (about 70 seats) from Portland, Oregon.

Thanks for your help....I think I'm going insane. I swear when I checked on the Alaska site it showed they made that 737 flight on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Now it just says Sunday and Monday. Damn.

We don't want to take the America West flight because their only flight from Anchorage to Phoenix on June 7th is at 1 or 2 in the morning.

We wanted to go with Alaska because they have some early afternoon flights from Anchoracge to Phoenix. Are only hang up is that darn commuter plane from Seattle to Vancouver.

I really don't want to have to find something to do for 12 to 14 hours after our cruise.

We may have to consider going up on Monday to get that Alaska 737 flight. I just hate spending all that extra money for a hotel and food...just to accomadate my hubby! But I guess he'd do it for me if I were afraid.

I need to use Carnival for the air because of a promotional debit card I am using. Can't really use like a real debit card. Have to book directly with the Cruise Line. They won't even let me use it with any airlines. There is a travel agent I can use it with but they charge just as much as Carnival.

Thanks for your help....I think I'm going insane. I swear when I checked on the Alaska site it showed they made that 737 flight on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Now it just says Sunday and Monday. Damn.

We don't want to take the America West flight because their only flight from Anchorage to Phoenix on June 7th is at 1 or 2 in the morning.

We wanted to go with Alaska because they have some early afternoon flights from Anchoracge to Phoenix. Are only hang up is that darn commuter plane from Seattle to Vancouver.

I really don't want to have to find something to do for 12 to 14 hours after our cruise.

We may have to consider going up on Monday to get that Alaska 737 flight. I just hate spending all that extra money for a hotel and food...just to accomadate my hubby! But I guess he'd do it for me if I were afraid.

I need to use Carnival for the air because of a promotional debit card I am using. Can't really use like a real debit card. Have to book directly with the Cruise Line. They won't even let me use it with any airlines. There is a travel agent I can use it with but they charge just as much as Carnival.

I'm curious why the Dash-8 is not possible. Of course you don't have to explain if its personal, but if its a wheelchair situation airlines tend to be very accomidating. The Dash-8 is an excellent aircraft. he one operating this flight probably holds about 30-40 people, if not more

ahh quite understandable, well this is the aircraft used:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/947607/L/

Dash-8 Q200 the Q400 which is much larger is what is used on the flight via Portland, OR.

you could book ask the cruise line to book America West going up and Alaska coming back. Not sure how accomidating they are here's an option that you might look into:

Dep:

America West 506 Dep PHX 10:07 AM Arr YVR 1:24 PM

One Way Price Per Person: $167 x 2 People = $334

Rtn:

Alaska 192 Dep ANC 2:11 PM Arr SEA 6:39 PM

Alaska 720 Dep SEA 7:20 PM Arr PHX 10:10 PM

One Way Price Per Person: $227.90 x 2 People = $455.80

Total Airfare for 2 people May 30th-June 7th: $789.80

Price is the same for departing ANC on June 6th.

Don't hold your breath that you will get America West/US Air or Alaska. AA competes heavily with Alaska (even though they are partners) in the Phoenix market. And if you get AA, you fly to DFW, then to ANC or YVR. And with the AmWest merger, you may fly anywhere that US Airways flies, BEFORE you get on a plane to YVR.

Cruiselines take the CHEAPEST, definitely NOT the best (without air deviation). Whatever is leftover 30-45 days pre cruise is what you get. Any airline, any place. Just because you booked the cruise DOES NOT mean your air space has been booked. And if 30-45 days out, the only way to get you to YVR is via Minneapolis, that's the way you will go. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news-you are almost always better off booking your own air-especially PHX to SEA/YVR. I live 80 miles west of PHX and am in the logistics business. If you need additional help, you may email at greatam@earthlink.net. Put CC in the subject line.

Archived