Fly 2 Fun during hurricane

nealstuber

But it might be unfair for cruisers to expect the cruise lines to have their back from the time and location they get on a plane when they declined to pay for a service that does exactly that.
Bingo! Adults don't want to be parented; they don't want anyone, much less a cruise line, forcing them to do (or buy) things that the don't want. That insistence that we're adults comes with an obligation to do our due diligence and make the choices we make, and abide by the obligations that we're taking on by way of the decisions we've made.

I get what you're saying, but I'm still not convinced about letting Carnival do my flights and I'm OK with that.
But that's the difference: You don't strike me as the kind of person who would put those expectations on the cruise line, after you declined their offer to sell you that service. My impression from what you've written in the past is that you're in the same place as sanger727:
I still prefer to make my own arrangements. The day it blows up in my face it'll accept that.

Bingo! Adults don't want to be parented; they don't want anyone, much less a cruise line, forcing them to do (or buy) things that the don't want. That insistence that we're adults comes with an obligation to do our due diligence and make the choices we make, and abide by the obligations that we're taking on by way of the decisions we've made.

But that's the difference: You don't strike me as the kind of person who would put those expectations on the cruise line, after you declined their offer to sell you that service. My impression from what you've written in the past is that you're in the same place as sanger727:

I agree with your conclusions. I am a big believer in personal responsibility not only in this instance, but in everyday life.

• 2 weeks later...
Where in the fine print does it say anything about guaranteeing to get you to the next port if you purchase air thru the cruise line?

All it really says is that they will do their best to assist you.

I recently booked the maiden voyage of the Horizon on 4/2/2018. I also booked the Fly 2 Fun from Phoenix to Barcelona, which was almost 50% of the rate I could find. This is the wording in the Ticket Contract:

Schedule Changes/Air Delays: Carnival strives to accommodate each Guest on flights that will ensure timely arrival and boarding of your ship. In the event that the Guest is precluded from a timely arrival to the port of embarkation, as a result of weather conditions or other flight delays, Carnival, at its own expense, will make the flight, transportation, and lodging arrangements necessary to coordinate for the Guest’s successful boarding at ship’s next port of call.

We did this last year thru Princess Air to London and everything went perfectly. I was even able to choose BA, which is the only nonstop carrier we have to Southampton. Princess lets you book yourself online but with Carnival you have to call to book.

I think the terms a conditions are saying that they are a travel agent and will book or change your flights, etc,. if necessary. Costs will either be paid by yourself or the airline if it is the airline's fault like a mechanical issue. Occasionally a cruise line will do more probably because they can negotiate with the airline but I don't think they have any more responciblity than any other travel agent. Often when the change happens at no cost the cruiser doesn't know who is absorbing the cost, it usually is the airline doing what they would do if you had booked the flight yourself.