drink prices

hlb76

Hi I was reading that some people think the drink coupons are a joke becuase it is cheaper just to buy the drinks out right. We are cruising Imagination in Jan. And my mom is stuffing our stockings with drink coupons. What are the prices of drinks typically? Thanks

Below, please find part of the bar menu. The prices are comparable to a land-based bar. If you drink beer [which costs around $3.50]....the "drink coupons" won't save money. In some cases, they may save some money

http://community.webshots.com/photo/53593776/53593776tREYkV

http://community.webshots.com/photo/53593935/53593935tSBNZk

Hi I was reading that some people think the drink coupons are a joke becuase it is cheaper just to buy the drinks out right. We are cruising Imagination in Jan. And my mom is stuffing our stockings with drink coupons. What are the prices of drinks typically? Thanks

We paid $4.75, I believe, for each bar coupon. We bought drinks that would have been about $5.70 each with gratuity using the coupons - so IMO they are a good deal. Since we attended 4 parties which included free drinks, though, we didn't end up using most of our coupons!

We paid $4.75, I believe, for each bar coupon. We bought drinks that would have been about $5.70 each with gratuity using the coupons - so IMO they are a good deal. Since we attended 4 parties which included free drinks, though, we didn't end up using most of our coupons!

The main purpose is for what the OP's Mom is doing... giving them as gifts. This is a perfectly good use fore them.

I would agree with this mostly with Rowan555. I just felt funny giving them a coupon for a drink that cost more than the stated value on the coupon... the bar tenders always gave me a second glance when I did this... like they were thinking about not letting me do it. When I gave it to them for a $4 drink, they never had a look.

At issue is having to use up the coupons, or your drinks become real expensive if you have left over coupons. Or forgetting about them and going for a swim with them in your pocket, or losing/dropping them, or forgetting them in yhour cabin and not wanting to go back.

I would just use my S&S card, unless it is important to attempt to get something for nothing from Carnival.

I wouldn't do the Coupons again. If I got them as a gift, I would be quite happy.

If nothing has changed from last year, your mom won't be able to stuff your stocking with the real drink coupons. Carnival does not mail out drink coupons. They are delivered to you when you are on ship. Usually the first night at dinner. I liked them just cause I liked to prepay as much as possible. My goal is get off the cruise with just memories and no bills.

I would just use my S&S card, unless it is important to attempt to get something for nothing from Carnival.

Huh? How is it attempting to get something for nothing?

I ordered drink coupons this time around for my parents and for myself,hopefully with a little message attached to my parents saying Merry Christmas.

I also ordered soda coupons for the two teens and for myself as well.

I like the fact that I was able to do this online and use my debit card and this way not have these charges added to my S&S. So to the OP>>I personally think it's a great idea. :)

Laura

Am I the only one that feels if it's included in the price it's not a gratuity?

I guess I am on vacation and like that its taken care of for me. (i can imagine the whole number of persons who wouldnt tip--

drink tips are like 50 cents..who feels like carrying around change.

Coupons save me my sign and sail card--- everyhting is practically prepaid on the cruise when we leave. So nice not to have a bill when we get home. Using coupons-- I also dont have to sign my name to a slip either.

Am I the only one that feels if it's included in the price it's not a gratuity?

I like having the gratuity taken care of for me and not having to dick around with dollar bills. Also, the gratuity is less than what I would normally tip so it saves me money.

Can you use the drink coupons on the drink of the day?

Nancy

NOT in the sovernier cup-- that cost 2 bucks more. We get the sovernier cup and use that all week for refills-- using the coupons.

Some drink of the days are only 2.95 so be careful of getting at least a value for your money.

I like having the gratuity taken care of for me and not having to dick around with dollar bills. Also, the gratuity is less than what I would normally tip so it saves me money.

I don't like the idea, not cause it's costing me money, cause I tip over 15% for good service, but cause it's anti consumer, pro carnival. If the tip is optional, wait staff are encouraged to do a better job, give you a stronger drinks, and keep your charges as reasonable as possible. When it's an added automatic amount, it encourages them to hassle you more to make sure you are drinking as quickly as possible, water down the drinks, where you drink more, and charge you as much as possible, where their cut is more.

Archived