Access to ice on board

tweety27

No doubt you've already read about the hassles of getting ice. Unfortunately, Carnival doesn't have passenger-access ice machines.

In my experience, I bring a collapsible cooler and set it under the sink in the cabin bathroom. On embarkation day, I ask the cabin steward to keep ice in it. Some stewards are more accommodating than others. I purchase cabin beverages pre-cruise from Carnival's Fun Shop for every cruise, and only want enough ice to enjoy my in-cabin beverages and to keep my purchases cold. Some cabin stewards provide better ice service than others. On cruises where the cabin steward does not provide enough ice in my cooler, I go to Lido deck and get ice from the beverage ice machines and take that back to my cabin. Honestly though, if I'm paying $80+ for a non-premium bottle of liquor from Carnival, I'd like to expect reasonable ways to enjoy that very expensive liquor. If I'm going to pay $85 for a $20 bottle of liquor, I'd like to think I'd be provided a reasonable way to enjoy that purchase.

Obviously if were expected to pay that price for cheap booze we may as well get our own damn ice :D ;p

• Haha 1