primeval National Forest getting there

timelordjason

A quick search on TripAdvisor showed great reviews, but all had issues getting there. Apparently most locals are not aware of this park.

A search on Google Maps shows it is at the far end of the island away from the cruise docks. It is 16 miles or 35-40 min by car and takes approximately an hour to tour.

It seems your best options are either hire a driver for 3 hours or possibly rent a car, if possible. A Google search found several taxis with hourly rates of $ 60 per hour, so your cost would be $ 180 plus tip. I probably would not consider a car rental in Nassau, but there may be rentals available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've lived in Nassau for years and have never heard of this park. Looking at the map, it's clear on the opposite side of the island and not on/or near a beach.

I suggest you post this on tripadvisor, or look for recommendations for a taxi service that will get you there and pick you up, as you won't find transportation back to port from out that way. ALSO, traffic is horrible during school bus times, and from 4:30 - 6:30 so be careful of your timing.

Also, you might want to contact the park and see if it's still in good conditions. Quite a few of these parks are very damaged from the last few hurricane seasons.

I've lived in Nassau for years and have never heard of this park. Looking at the map, it's clear on the opposite side of the island and not on/or near a beach.

I suggest you post this on tripadvisor, or look for recommendations for a taxi service that will get you there and pick you up, as you won't find transportation back to port from out that way. ALSO, traffic is horrible during school bus times, and from 4:30 - 6:30 so be careful of your timing.

Also, you might want to contact the park and see if it's still in good conditions. Quite a few of these parks are very damaged from the last few hurricane seasons.

Thank you all for your responses. the park is only 3 years old and looks amazing. I am emailing the park as we speak to figure this one out. not sure if i can do it the price to get there is way too much. I cannot figure out why transportation is so high then with other islands / countries. in Nicaragua i paid 300 bucks got a 4 day tour and a private driver the entire time. this included park fees to anywhere i wanted to go and i went pretty far around. we RE TALKING 8 TO 10 HOUR DAYS. In roaton I rented a car for a for day for 50 bucks and went all over the island. Why is Nassau so dag gum expensive?