Rhapsody of the Seas - aft corner cabins assistance please!

dratomic

Stayed in 8588 a couple of years ago. The balcony is absolutely enormous - it wraps around the side and probably three times of a side balcony.

It has its pros and cons. The pros are its size, and that it is very quiet. The cons are that it's very quiet because it's a looooong walk from everything, and that your cabin steward doesn't clean the balcony as often as it needs it (at least ours didn't). The balcony got wet, misty and a little grimey most days, as we didn't use it as much as I thought and hoped we would.

Just my opinioin.

we also stayed in 8588, and loved it. Incredible privacy on the balcony - around the corner, there's a lounge chair that absolutely NO ONE can see. If you're concerned about the cleanliness, either wear the robes or just put a towel on the chair first. We would book it again in a heartbeat. The walk is not that bad - if you are a slow walker or don't do well walking, then it might be an issue - but it never bothered us at all. I have pictures - let me know and I can email them to you.

Hi there Nanannjen.

Can you please email me your pics of this suite and balcony. My email address is:

enzo at hongfed dot com (replace at with @, and replace dot with .)

Many thanks.

Enzo

we also stayed in 8588, and loved it. Incredible privacy on the balcony - around the corner, there's a lounge chair that absolutely NO ONE can see. If you're concerned about the cleanliness, either wear the robes or just put a towel on the chair first. We would book it again in a heartbeat. The walk is not that bad - if you are a slow walker or don't do well walking, then it might be an issue - but it never bothered us at all. I have pictures - let me know and I can email them to you.

I can't wait until Jan 2007 I have 8588 booked for a back to back in January. Our first cruise was on the Rhapsody in a Cat M on the this same ship. They say that once you have a balcony.... no going back. This will be our first JS, I hope the same thing isn't true :D

Although I haven't stayed in a junior suite aboard the Rhapsody, we did have a D1 corner aft and the size of the balcony is rather similar. The pictures are at the bottom of my signature.

Off topic... I am from Vancouver and my mother lives in North Vancouver just up from the Quay. Wish I were there now... instead of buried under 45cms of snow!

Enjoy!

Link to pics of cabin 8088 & balcony in my sig. This was from our very first cruise. I am now completely spoiled and won't stay in anything but a corner aft JS. For our Alaska cruise this year we had 8588 on Vision. We lived on the balcony. It was awesome! We planned when to take our Alaska cruise next year by when cabin 1100 on Radiance was available.

We're actually in North Van as well, near Edgemont Village. Still traces of snow from last weekend, but it's almost all melted. I'm guessing you're living elsewhere in Canada now?

BTW, thanks to Nancy and to Aprille for the pics of the aft JS cabins. We've got 8088 booked for exactly 52 weeks from tomorrow!

Enzo

Although I haven't stayed in a junior suite aboard the Rhapsody, we did have a D1 corner aft and the size of the balcony is rather similar. The pictures are at the bottom of my signature.

Off topic... I am from Vancouver and my mother lives in North Vancouver just up from the Quay. Wish I were there now... instead of buried under 45cms of snow!

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the pics of your aft cabin. We will be staying in #7152 in September - same deck other side. And we can't hardly wait. I have also heard that once you go balcony you don't go back to anything else. I guess we have to wait and see. But I think if it came down to staying in an oceanview or interior cabin and not going at all I may have to break down and go any way.

How deep is 45cm of snow?

We had our big winter storm of the year here in Texas. Think it was less than an inch of accumulation and it shut the whole city down for a day.

VancouverBC... Unfortunately we no longer live in Vancouver, but instead live in beautiful snowy New England for the time being. I miss Vancouver.

Huskerdude... 45cms equals about 18inches! And you will definitely have a hard time adjusting to any other balcony cabin except the aft ones after you have stayed in 7152. You will truly enjoy it!

And 18 inches of snow equals about 4 foot piles on each side of our driveway... Piles created by our endeavours to clear our driveway!!!! UGGGH!

• 8 months later...

[

Huskerdude... 45cms equals about 18inches! And you will definitely have a hard time adjusting to any other balcony cabin except the aft ones after you have stayed in 7152. You will truly enjoy it!

Can you confirm if 7152 has a walk in closet or a regular closet?

Txskier

when are you going. we have 8088 booked for 4/22/07

Karen

Karen,

.....we are going 4/22 too!!!

We booked this cruise last September when we were on Explorer. Wanted to go on Rhapsody at least once more before "it being moved" somewhere else. We have some good memories on the Rhapsody and are also looking forward to the Voyager

Dan

Can you confirm if 7152 has a walk in closet or a regular closet?
I don't think D1's have walk-in closets on any class RCCL ship. I know on Rhapsody and Vision even JS's do not have walk-in closets (including the corner afts).

Man, this is an old thread...

Txskier

have you checked for a roll call. I have checked periodically, but have seen nothing. How many in your group.

Right now we are at 9. DH and I, Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother & SIL and my kids, 28 & 25 at time we sail.

This will be our 3rd time on Rhapsody. Wanted to sail again before the move and catch Key West one more time.

Karen

Txskier

have you checked for a roll call. I have checked periodically, but have seen nothing. How many in your group.

Right now we are at 9. DH and I, Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother & SIL and my kids, 28 & 25 at time we sail.

This will be our 3rd time on Rhapsody. Wanted to sail again before the move and catch Key West one more time.

Karen

Karen, haven't seen a roll call thread yet....guess we could start our own. So far, I have only talked my wife into going.....everyone else comes up with an excuse NOT to go:confused:

• 4 months later...

I got spoiled on my first cruise... It was an aft cabin on the Rhapsody. I don't think I can take another cruise not being in the aft cabins on the 8th deck... The space on the balcony was so much larger than anywhere else on the ship, and we had no problems with the room steward, he did a great job keeping things cleaned for us.

I can't wait for May when I go on my second ever cruise... and yes, it will be in the aft on the Rhapsody!!!

Archived