Advice needed

KyRoamer

We are on the December 1 Oceania cruise and looking forward to it. We are doing ship's tours on the first day in Havana and in Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba. In Havana we are using Old Car Tours. Our roll call is dead so I thought I'd reach out here for some advice.

I hear the Parisian at the Hotel Nacional is indoors, air conditioned and smoke-free. I believe the Tropicana is outdoors, weather permitting, and smoking is allowed. Anyone know how the Parisian show compares to the one at the Tropicana?

What do I need to do to be sure my 6 hour tour with Old Car Tours meets US guidelines and how should I document it?

Thanks.

We are on the December 1 Oceania cruise and looking forward to it. We are doing ship's tours on the first day in Havana and in Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba. In Havana we are using Old Car Tours. Our roll call is dead so I thought I'd reach out here for some advice.

I hear the Parisian at the Hotel Nacional is indoors, air conditioned and smoke-free. I believe the Tropicana is outdoors, weather permitting, and smoking is allowed. Anyone know how the Parisian show compares to the one at the Tropicana?

What do I need to do to be sure my 6 hour tour with Old Car Tours meets US guidelines and how should I document it?

Thanks.

I was checking into that also and found some great videos on Youtube. One guy had recorded the entire Tropicana show! some great clips to really give you a good overview... I hate smoke so think I will prefer Parisian, check out reviews on TripAdvisor too.

You should have emails back & forth with Old Car Tours .... where you maybe did an inquiry and then scheduled your tour and they sent you a confirming email. That's your documentation. Take lots of pictures. If you stop and & shop along the tour ... even for a drink or a bite to eat ... keep receipts. I used Old Car Tours and I LOVE them. Such great drivers & guides. I don't think you'll be disappointed with them. I was a solo female traveler last May and I was treated like a princess! The cars they have are amazing and SO beautiful. I had the '54 Red/White Buick and the '52 Pink Chevy for my tours.

I haven't heard this before. Why do you need to keep receipts for food and drink purchases?

It's part of your 'documentation' of the person to person experiences in Cuba. As far as I was told and have from my cruise last May, that is all I have for 'documentation'. Emails with Old Car Tours, receipts, a notebook listing things I did, places I went, my photos, etc.