Gate 1 Danube river cruise

bayjoens

We are booked for a cruise from Prague to Budapest in October 2018. I know it's early but I have been looking for reviews/posts with the tour and activity schedules but haven't seen anything. When researching for regular or ocean cruises, there is always a lot of information posted with people even posting images of the daily schedules. Has anyone seen anything like that for the river cruises, specially this one. I would like to know when the "1/2 day" tour is over so we can look into booking something for the other half, and I would like to know what time we need to be at our hotel to board the boat, and other timelines like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.

We are booked for a cruise from Prague to Budapest in October 2018. I know it's early but I have been looking for reviews/posts with the tour and activity schedules but haven't seen anything. When researching for regular or ocean cruises, there is always a lot of information posted with people even posting images of the daily schedules. Has anyone seen anything like that for the river cruises, specially this one. I would like to know when the "1/2 day" tour is over so we can look into booking something for the other half, and I would like to know what time we need to be at our hotel to board the boat, and other timelines like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.
Hi,

I've done 2 river cruises, both with Amawaterways, including Budapest to Prague. What I have generally found is that it is nothing like ocean cruising as far as excursions. The planned boat excursions are absolutely wonderful and there is a little time afterwards before the boat leaves but not a lot. For instance, you may dock in Linz at 8 a.m., tours leave the boat at 9. The Linz walking tour may return at 12 but the Cesky-Krumlov or Salzburg won't return until 4. Boat leaves at 5.

That's a pretty good idea of the timeline. Since the river cruises really seem to step it up they change it up, too. With Ama my TA provided us with a detailed itinerary that listed the sailing schedule and a description of each tour about 60 days out. And you don't get "closed out" of a tour unless it specifically indicates it is limited. I've attached my sailing schedule.db7bc8abfbee306bc6a25d60314741b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks LandArtist! Unfortunately I have people in our group who want to book much earlier. Maybe I'll call Gate 1 and see if they have any info.

Keep in mind that even if they have a schedule, it will be extremely generic and there are many factors, such as port masters, river heights, other boat traffic, etc. that could and will most likely impact it.

• 8 months later...