Hold tight New Orleans reinforcements are on the way

timeinthesand

The Triumph and Dream will be in Port in New Orleans on Monday. Carnival is sending workers out of the Port of Galveston to assist with the loading and unloading of those passengers.

Good to know as we will be boarding the Dream. Was wondering how Carnival would handle both ships in port that day.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what is it that those workers will be doing? I was under the impression that workers on the ship moved all the luggage and supplies from the loading area on the ship to where ever they had to go and that the union longshoremen loaded and unloaded all the luggage and supplies from the ship to the dock.

Are these workers just the ones who will be doing check-in for the passengers?

I have to say Carnival is doing a pretty good job in a difficult situation. Getting into the port was crazy busy this morning. Took about 45 minutes at 10am and it was only getting longer. We pulled in front of Julia and then unloaded luggage at the door. They had us park outside in a lot next to the stores and hoof it back over to Julia. I will say my only complaint is they still charged us $100 for uncovered parking offsite. Not sure how they are going to handle us getting back to our cars when they bring us back to Erato....so that will be interesting.

The Galveston folks were manually checking us in on a piece of paper since the other cruise lines computers were at the check in desks. Some folks didnt have S&S cards ready and had to stand in line at customer service once onboard. They took everyone’s picture as we entered the ship so that also took a while. The folks were very friendly even though they had hardly slept since checking in a ship yesterday.

So yep..there will be a long line of complainers I am sure...but I have to give kudos to Carnival for pulling it off. They could have easily pushed us until tomorrow.