Carnival Elation Grand Deck Cabins

jeff92k7

• 1 month later...

How has the movement/seasickness been on this deck?

I have a OV booked for 6/14 for my toddlers first cruise. I just realized it’s under the galley. We booked super last minute and it was the only OV room left.

I’m considering upgrading but concerned with being so high up. I’m also terrified of him on a balcony, especially with others falling overboard.

This is my 9th cruise, so I’m comfortable cruising but prefer low floors due to movement.

How has the movement/seasickness been on this deck?

I have a OV booked for 6/14 for my toddlers first cruise. I just realized it’s under the galley. We booked super last minute and it was the only OV room left.

I’m considering upgrading but concerned with being so high up. I’m also terrified of him on a balcony, especially with others falling overboard.

This is my 9th cruise, so I’m comfortable cruising but prefer low floors due to movement.

People don't "fall off" balconies/ships ... they either go over on purpose or someone forces them over ...

Yoy definitely will feel more movement the higher up you are and the further forward you are... but many people get whoosie midship and low ... you just never know.

The only think about being on the grand deck is there are only 2 elevators to the deck ... so unless you like to go up a bunch of steps or sont mind waiting ... it's all good ... we usually walk everywhere on the ship, but found ourselves taking the elevator more just because of being on deck 14. Personally, I would rather be on deck 14 than under/over the galley

• 2 weeks later...

We upgraded to G21 on the Grand deck and got home yesterday. That floor is amazing!!! Felt little to no movement the whole cruise. Staff and the rooms were beyond wonderful. I loved the balcony, especially with the solid glass panes. The only annoyance is that only two elevators go to this floor. We took the stairs a lot if only going down to Lido or simply waited a bit longer. Be aware that the Sun deck is right above and on the last two nights there were groups of teenagers running on the deck. I went up on the last night to ask them to stop since it sounded like elephants pounding into the ground above us. I really wish Carnival would have this area closed off at 9pm and later. I would definitely cruise on the grand deck again!

I got off last week and was in G28. Movement and seasickness was pretty miniscule. I had lower decks on other ships that I felt worse than this one. Also nobody can fall off these balconies unless they are really trying to the rail goes up to my chest at 5'11.

I had heard someone say watch out because you hear people above you. I didn't hear a single stomp or any noise from my room, might have been the location of this specific room I really don't know.. Also the balcony door was fine and didn't whistle or anything. Balcony was pretty nice I loved it. The room in general was really great.

The elevator thing is unfortunate. Only one side of the elevators go up so you can't hit up on both sides and hop in whichever one gets there first. When you're on deck 8 hoping to go up and both elevators are going down it takes forever for them to get back up, then stopping at 9 (promenade) and 10 (lido) of course to let people out. I ended up walking up a lot by myself but wife was pregnant and so would wait with her if I was with her.

We will be in G28 on july 12th cruise. Did you get to go to your room as soon as you boarded the ship? Also did the balcony have recliners or straight back chairs on it and how many? Cant wait to be on the cruise.

We will be in G28 on july 12th cruise. Did you get to go to your room as soon as you boarded the ship? Also did the balcony have recliners or straight back chairs on it and how many? Cant wait to be on the cruise.

If you are Diamond, Platinum or purchased FTTF, then you can go directly to your cabin as soon as you board of its before 1:30 ... otherwise, general access to cabins typically opens up around 1:30.

Jr. Suites have small balconies ... You'll have 2 regular chairs only

Edited by mcarney