First time to Grand Cayman -- wanting a beach day to relax

lovecaribbean6179

Our ship's first port is Grand Cayman in January of 2018. Have read a lot of threads regarding whether to go to Royal Palms Beach Club or Calico Jacks. In viewing pics of Calico Jacks, I see they have ample picnic tables with umbrellas to eat at but do they have chairs and umbrellas to rent and would you know the cost?? Royal Palms is another option and from what I've read the entry fee is $2 pp with chairs going for $10-12 pp plus umbrellas at $17 pp. Tiki Beach would be our third choice and the latest review on Trip Advisor said that the bar/restaurant was closed. Can anyone verify that?

I greatly appreciate any feedback.

There are chair/umbrella rentals...at ALL beach access points! I think we paid about $30 or so for 2 chairs and an umbrella. There are also nice restrooms near, and watersport rentals. You really don't need an AI to have a lovely beach day.

When we drove by in the summer, Tiki Beach was closed. Signs suggested visiting their other venue, The White House, but that's not on Seven Mile Beach, or even close. The summer is off-season to a certain extent, so they may be open in busier times. You could call or email them to check your dates. http://www.tikibeachcayman.com/contact.html

Personally, my recommendation is usually that parties consisting of all adults should try Royal Palms and families with kids should try Public Beach (Calico Jacks). See post #2 in the Best Beach thread for all the details on the various spots.