Camp Ocean

JaxsMama

Can some clarify for me, were new to Camp Ocean

Hours

Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries

• Sea Days: Scheduled activities run from 10:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm-5:00pm and 7:00pm-10:00pm. This service is complimentary.
  • Port Days: Supervised free play begins from port arrival until approximately 2:00pm; scheduled activities resume at 2:00pm until 10:00pm. This service is complimentary.

On port days when it says "scheduled activity resume at 2 pm until 10pm" does that mean it is open that entire time or that is 2-5 and then 7-10 like sea days?

Thanks!

We just got off the Freedom, and they were open almost continually. They would close anywhere between 3 and 5 depending on the day and pick back up with the kids dinner at 6 every night. Including port days.

Any chance you have any of the activity pages to share from Camp Ocean?

NO, they won't take them to lunch. Camp Ocean completely closes down and it is not ok to leave them when they are closed. When you drop them off they will tell you what time you need to come get them. And hanging out with the kids on a cruise is lots of fun, too!

NO, they won't take them to lunch. Camp Ocean completely closes down and it is not ok to leave them when they are closed. When you drop them off they will tell you what time you need to come get them. And hanging out with the kids on a cruise is lots of fun, too!

We don't plan on leaving ours there for long periods and some days probably won't even go. Was more curious about dropping them at 11:30 if they would go to lunch or not. So you can take them to lunch and dinner and then you have to take them back to camp ocean again?

We just got off Vista a week ago and my granddaughters hated Camp Ocean so I got to watch them EVERY SINGLE HOUR OF THE DAY. Hope everyone else has better luck.

They will take them to lunch on port days if you are leaving the ship. On sea days last week, they didn't close for lunch but did remind parents at drop-off that they would have to come feed their kids at some point.

We don't plan on leaving ours there for long periods and some days probably won't even go. Was more curious about dropping them at 11:30 if they would go to lunch or not. So you can take them to lunch and dinner and then you have to take them back to camp ocean again?

You will be picking them up at noon for lunch. They can go back at 1 most days. Camp shuts down by 4 or 5 and you need to pick them up. Personally, we sent our son to camp in the morning, picked him up for lunch and the gave him a choice for afternoon between back at camp or putt-putt and pool with us. He was 50/50 on his choices. We got him at 4 everyday and had him nap/rest til 530 when we put him in the shower. Dinner was at 6 and they started with fruit right away, so that they were having entrees while we were having appetizer and they were eating dessert during our main course. At 7 we were done with entree and the boys were ready for camp again. One of us walked them to camp while the other remained in MDR and ordered coffee and dessert. We picked them back up at 10 when camp closed. You do have the option of camp dinner at 6 on the Lido and despite our youngest begging to go multiple times we have used it infrequently because we prefer family meals, but it was nice if we wanted a specialty restaurant.

Port days are more flexible and as other have said, if you will be ashore without a child, just let them know and they will provide lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...
We just got off Vista a week ago and my granddaughters hated Camp Ocean so I got to watch them EVERY SINGLE HOUR OF THE DAY. Hope everyone else has better luck.

Lol. Similar experience on the victory. My daughter is a bit more outgoing and ply able than my boy so she's more willing to participate when it's not free time. He was much happier during free time and he could play ps4 for a while.

I should add since it was spring break they had to move the 6-8 kids to another room that didn't have their normal amenities. There were about 3x more kids or something than usual.

They did serve them dinner in a private lido section but wasn't the full buffet so we were instructed to get them something else prior if they didn't like the night's selection. That info was provided.

Also had us come by 15-20 minutes early to pick up the kids to avoid lines. Make sure you show up the first day to sign your kid up as well. Gets it out of the way and you know where to go for the next visit.

Lol. Similar experience on the victory. My daughter is a bit more outgoing and ply able than my boy so she's more willing to participate when it's not free time. He was much happier during free time and he could play ps4 for a while.

I should add since it was spring break they had to move the 6-8 kids to another room that didn't have their normal amenities. There were about 3x more kids or something than usual.

They did serve them dinner in a private lido section but wasn't the full buffet so we were instructed to get them something else prior if they didn't like the night's selection. That info was provided.

Also had us come by 15-20 minutes early to pick up the kids to avoid lines. Make sure you show up the first day to sign your kid up as well. Gets it out of the way and you know where to go for the next visit.

That’s too bad. I was lucky , my son enjoyed camp from 3 years old until he aged out of his group at 11. He did not like the pre teen camp because it was not structured as the others. He spent a lot of time at the pool, pizza and watching movies. He is independent so he doesn’t mind being alone doing his own thing. When he was younger, we would take him to camp at 6pm to eat dinner and he would beg to stay the evening and then into night owls. He enjoyed the movies, games, crafts etc. he is 14 now so may try the teen club again on upcoming cruises. He is like his parents though, he is low key and enjoys chilling out, reading , watching movies etc . He is an old soul. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Early on - DS was all about Camp Ocean. Now he really relies on the schedule of events. Arts and Crafts - no thanks. He'll do the water slides. Video Games or Competition activities - yes, please. We try to have at least one dinner without him and given that he's a picky eater the schedule helped there. We scheduled our quiet dinner around what Camp Ocean was serving for dinner. It works for us. There's plenty of hours Camp Ocean is open!