Epic Western Mediterranean (Rome) Sept. 27-Oct. 4 Review

gottacruisemore

Stopped in an uncrowded Pantheon before going back to the room to pack up for our transfer to the ship.

enhance

enhance

This is what it looked like 2 hours later

enhance

Save

Thank you gottacruisemore! Beautiful pictures! What time did you go to the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon to avoid the crowds?

Thank you gottacruisemore! Beautiful pictures! What time did you go to the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon to avoid the crowds?

8 a.m. by 10 a.m. things started picking up. I tried to get out before the tours arrived from the cruise ships (although I think only the Epic was in port that day)

So uber or taxi in rome? I never considered using uber. How did that work out? We are going next week and all transportation was goimg to be taxi but i love uber.

Curious to hear the experience. Staying in trastevere

i used uber and it worked as well as it does everywhere else. I liked the ease and familiarity of it, i never had to wonder if i was getting overcharged. And that's not specific to Rome.

Check out was painless an uneventful. Our ride showed up at approx. 12:30 p.m., we stopped at two other hotels to pick up family and friends, and then were off to the ship.

Arriving around 1 p.m. was great, as it made for a swift check in, and our room was ready when we boarded.

We had an aft balcony, room 12309, bed by the bath. I personally didn't like this setup as it was a lot of shimmying between the beds and sink to get either in or out of the room. I did see the bed by the balcony set up and thought it looked a lot better. The balcony was a decent size, so we asked for a lounger and one was delivered and set up when we came back from the emergency briefing. We ate at O'Sheehan's I believe and did the emergency briefing. I went up to the Spice H20 to meet my cruise critic group and I have no pictures to tell me what I did for the rest of the day.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

i used uber and it worked as well as it does everywhere else. I liked the ease and familiarity of it, i never had to wonder if i was getting overcharged. And that's not specific to Rome.
I wonder if it'll work in Athens too. Thanks for the reply. I love uber and not having to worry about cash and other issues

• 2 weeks later...
Check out was painless an uneventful. Our ride showed up at approx. 12:30 p.m., we stopped at two other hotels to pick up family and friends, and then were off to the ship.

Arriving around 1 p.m. was great, as it made for a swift check in, and our room was ready when we boarded.

We had an aft balcony, room 12309, bed by the bath. I personally didn't like this setup as it was a lot of shimmying between the beds and sink to get either in or out of the room. I did see the bed by the balcony set up and thought it looked a lot better. The balcony was a decent size, so we asked for a lounger and one was delivered and set up when we came back from the emergency briefing. We ate at O'Sheehan's I believe and did the emergency briefing. I went up to the Spice H20 to meet my cruise critic group and I have no pictures to tell me what I did for the rest of the day.

Hi Toni -I just stumbled across your review and fantastic photos. Hope you'll continue reviewing OUR cruise since you went to different places in Rome and from the ship than I did except for our last day together with Lorenzo! Keep going girl...and thanks for letting me relive the trip!

Sherry