Do you allow the babysitter to take your DC out of your room?

flagger

For those of you who have used in-cabin babysitting aboard a Celebrity ship, have you allowed the babysitter to take your child out of your stateroom? I was reading a post on the RCCL board where one poster stated they left their child's card and stroller and their babysitter took him or her out for ice cream. It gives me something to think about. We plan to use it four nights on our upcoming cruise.

We have allowed our babysitter to take our young son out of the cabin every now and then. Back then she could take our son to the Fun Factory when he was too young to be allowed in the program.

For those of you who have used in-cabin babysitting aboard a Celebrity ship, have you allowed the babysitter to take your child out of your stateroom? I was reading a post on the RCCL board where one poster stated they left their child's card and stroller and their babysitter took him or her out for ice cream. It gives me something to think about. We plan to use it four nights on our upcoming cruise.

When we cruised on the Mercury, we let her take my then 14 month son out, but they would just roam the halls I think and visit the stateroom attendents, but the end of the cruise the entire crew knew my son. However, this last time on VOS I did not let her take the kids out, probably since there were two and I don't know, but it made a difference to me.

I never use the sitter in port either....no real reason....just don't.

When we cruised on the Mercury, we let her take my then 14 month son out, but they would just roam the halls I think and visit the stateroom attendents, but the end of the cruise the entire crew knew my son.

I have seen this quite a lot on my cruises. Haven't taken our little one yet, but would probably permit it.

As long as they kept to the public areas of the ship, I would have no problem, I just worry about them going to the non-public areas of the ship. In our times of using a babysitter (two different ships, same sitter each night) we got good vibes from the babysitter or would have never left. Now are daughter is older and may not want to just sit in the room, but still not quite yet old enough for the children's programs.

The thought of being able to go get ice cream or be strolled around the ship was appealing to me. I would also let the babysitter take her up to the sports deck. We loved the basketball court on Infinity which was totally enclosed. At night it was not in use and our DD could run around to her hearts content. I just would not want her brought to crew only areas where she could be around someone I could not trust. Do I take a risk even leaving her with a stranger aboard a ship? Sure. But as the service is offered, there is implied liability that exists with the line so hopefully those who do participate are well screened.

It makes me rethink the whole stroller thing now, we were just going to leave it as she is totally mobile and it is one less thing to clutter up our stateroom.

As long as they kept to the public areas of the ship, I would have no problem, I just worry about them going to the non-public areas of the ship. In our times of using a babysitter (two different ships, same sitter each night) we got good vibes from the babysitter or would have never left. Now are daughter is older and may not want to just sit in the room, but still not quite yet old enough for the children's programs.

The thought of being able to go get ice cream or be strolled around the ship was appealing to me. I just would not want her brought to crew only areas where she could be around someone I could not trust. Do I take a risk even leaving her with a stranger aboard a ship? Sure. But as the service is offered, there is implied liability that exists with the line so hopefully those who do participate are well screened.

It makes me rethink the whole stroller thing now, we were just going to leave it as she is totally mobile and it is one less thing to clutter up our stateroom.

We never took our daughter on a cruise while she was little, but used baby sitters for her from time to time when we stayed at hotels/resorts. The hotels told us that they had a list of baby sitters that they used often that all had references. Even so, I arranged for the baby sitter to arrive at least ten minutes before we left to insure we felt comfortable with her. Once a comfort level was established, I would allow that baby sitter to take her out of the room to get dessert in the hotel's casual dining area or something else of that nature.

Archived