Jetblue suddenly very full when we arrive in San Juan

HUNGRYGREEK

Like so many of you, our Hampton inn reservation for four nights was just cancelled. This is the third change in when they may open. No more direct flights back to Boston so we are now taking a connecting flight that gets to Boston at midnight on Nov 12, ... The mass of people leaving Puerto Rico is taking all available seats and we have no desire to keep trying to book other hotels that also wont repoen at the last minute.MY SUGGESTION, DO NOT WAIT ANY LONGER TO BOOK FLIGHTS BACK AND DO NOT TRUST YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS LIKE I DID.

Awful situation. Can you tell us more about what your plans were and what has happened?

We booked the Nov 3 repositioning cruise from Bos to San juan over a year ago. Booked a one way flight home to Boston on Nov 16 and used priceline.com and got a room at the Hampton inn for our four nights post cruise. Suddenly last Thusrday night I got multiple messages by phone and email from priceline saying my hotel was cancelled. At this point my cousin and I decided to just take the hotel money back and some credits from Jetblue for the difference in our fares and just fly home Sunday Nov 12 but most flights were suddenly sold out. Managed to get flights back to Boston with a stop in FLL. I accidently posted here thinking I was on the roll call page. On our roll call page someone else was also told their Hampton Inn was cancelled but they called the hotel and actually got through and were told that it was not cancelled and they still plan to reopen on Nov 1. Very strange to say the least. If you all know anything about priceline.com, they almost never offer a no questions asked refund but in this case they actually told me to call them to cancel and get a refund. There is a huge lack of communication between the local hotels and the travel agencies/websites . I will not be at all suprised if in a few days we find out that the Hampton Inn will continue to be used for FEMA people and displaced locals as it should be. We are taking our refunds and planning a winter trip to Orlando instead of post cruise down there. Will still have a nice nine night cruise anyway.

Our roll call has over 75 pages already !!!!!!! So much for us to talk about.....

HUNGRYGREEK - I am also on your sailing. I have had two hotels cancel my three night post cruise reservations. I eventually gave up - changed my flights and will be spending three nights in Fort Lauderdale before returning home to Chicago. Everybody who is saying "it's OK my hotel confirmed my reservations" better be forewarned. Almost all of the hotels in San Juan are stating that they are not taking reservations until Jan 1st. The few that are taking reservations (and I am not sure how valid THAT is) are either Motel 8 type properties or hotels that are charging almost 300 a night after tax and resort fees.

Nobody is taking this seriously and yet many of us have had multiple reservations cancelled.

Puzzling...

Donna