Wifi Package?

dtripli

Hi All

I'm going to purchase the wifi package and was hoping someone could tell me if it actually works. We want to be able to pull up our sons school website to get his daily homework assignments on the laptop. And be able to use groupme AP on our phones to communicate with our daughters.....Can we use our cell phones? Any info regarding phones and internet is greatly appreciated.

You'll want to purchase at least the Value Plan.

The Social plan only allows access to the specifically listed sites, Facebook, Instagram, etc. The Value and Premium plans offer the same experience, just at different speeds. My husband was able to do all his school work using the Value plan.

You can use your laptop and your cell phones, but you can only be logged into one device at a time. You'll have to purchase multiple plans if you need multiple devices at the same time. It's really easy to connect to the ship's Wi-Fi and get started.

Last thing, if you *know* you will need it every day during your cruise, buy the package ahead of time. In my husband's case, he only needed access for one day, so it made more sense to buy it on the boat. It's around $10/day if you pre-pay for the whole week. $16/day on the boat.

I'm in a similar situation for this upcoming cruise (unfortunately) and from everything I've read I'm convinced that I need to have the Premium plan, and make arrangements that pours everything I expect to receive into email. Some posters have reported that their experience, even with the Premium plan, that throughput has been remarkably frustratingly slow. By pouring expected content into email somehow, I expect that the my email client and the system will manage the acquisition on the content while I'm doing other things, and then I can review what I've received once it is delivered to me. So if you have an (offline) email client on your device, and there is any way you can have a friend access the homework assignments and attach them to emails sent to you, that may make the process a bit easier to deal with.

I am also looking to buy the social plan and we will have two phones we'd like to use. So if I check off my daughter's name as well as mine, we could use wifi at the same time? Meaning, I pay 10.00 a day instead of 5.00?

Edited by Chickenlover8
Addition

I am also looking to buy the social plan and we will have two phones we'd like to use. So if I check off my daughter's name as well as mine, we could use wifi at the same time? Meaning, I pay 10.00 a day instead of 5.00?

To use two devices at the same time, each needs it's own plan, $5 a day each.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.