"Groups" you've cruised with...

Alex P. Keaton

Boyd's Bears group. They all had t-shirts on with the bears, so they were very easy to spot. You had to feel a bit sorry for the husbands who were in tow - you could tell they were a bit embarrassed at first, but then realized about half way through "Heck, I'm on a cruise, who cares why!"

we had a large group of law enforcement/medical/fire fighters that were on the lights and sirens cruise on the Conquest a couple of years ago. Had a blast. two groups of people that definately know how to party- cops and EMS personnel.

I was aboard the Carnival Liberty for the 2 day sailing to the Bahamas. There were a lot of Carnival employees aboard the ship. They neglected the passengers. They only played 2 songs at the sail away party and only had one trivia game on deck one day. I never saw the cruise director John Heald or the other entertainment staff. The only employees in sight were the ones serving drinks at the bar and the karaoke host. They had a lot more activities on the Valor 2 day pre-inagural cruise last year.

We sailed on the Conquest a few years ago with a group of musicians called "Bix Lives" Bix being Bix Biderbeck (sp) a jazz trumpet player from the 20s and 30s .

They had a few meetings and events in several of the lounges and public rooms throughout the cruise and they would always turn into jam sessions. They were great and when they started playing a crowd would always form and everyone would really enjoy. :)

Well... in April 1996 we were joking that there wer a lot of heavy people on the cruise, what were we on the cruise to lose... darn if we weren't! Richard Simmons and the cruise to lose were onboard! The next year I went on a cruise guess who we met at the airport during our connecting flight...yup Richard again; he was on a differnt ship this time though. He is one of the nicest people too!

We were also on a cruise once with a group of Menanites.

...........we missed their first cruise, but I understand that the Kirbi & The Cruisers group was one of the first groups to chat here on CC......that was several years (and cruises) ago in 2003. But, we've been with them ever since and have one heckuva good time! Carnival has even copied our PJ pub crawl on a number of their cruises!

Can't wait for the next one!

Thats correct as a charter member, the Kirbi Kruisers was chartered in 2001 from a CC chat group formed during a Bingo Game promotion in 2001.

Been quite a ride meeting all the and new cruisers every year.

MikeM

AP

[quote name='zonemasconi'][B][COLOR=blue]somebody let me know when the adult film association group is going and on what ship cause I wanna be on that cruise.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#0000ff]Imagine the fun.[/COLOR][/B][/quote]
Count me in too. Now that would be a party! :p

The second cruise I went on, I found out there was going to be a Parrothead Club on board. I had a very vague notion of who Jimmy Buffett was, so I did a little research before the cruise. All I knew about him was he was some kind of hippie from the 70s. Well, after doing the research and going on the cruise, I am just as much a Parrothead as any of those people are! The music is great and the people in the clubs are a blast!

On my Girls Only Cruise, there were two groups on board. One was a Gay/Lesbian group (who wore thongs at the pool! :eek: but just the men). The other group was an African-American Baptist family reunion. Talk about an interesting mix of passengers!

We been on cruises with many different groups. Emergency personel from L.A., square dance group, a Mardi Gras group (not even near Mardi Gras time) and a cable company. Oh yeah, how could I forget the Wisconsin Tavern Leauge group. We had no idea they were on board until we noticed lots of people with name tags on. (We live in Wisconsin and met people who live near us on this cruise)

[quote name='midgetpdp']OK. I'll bite. Call me naïve, but I am not familiar with the term "lifestyle" couples.[/quote]

I'm not sure why they started calling themselves "lifestyle", because we ALL live a "lifestyle" :p Most commonly referred to as "swingers" ;)

[QUOTE]Most commonly referred to as "swingers" [/QUOTE]

That's what we were thinking, but sometimes I need to have something spelled out for me!

This kind of group usually has the whole ship chartered (like nude cruises). Is your ship chartered for this cruise or will you be sharing the ship with other passengers? It would be interesting to see what kind of other groups might be sailing with you! I can just imagine . . . :eek:

Archived