Anyone else have issues with constant running water in Haven 14008?

andnosyd

On the Jewel now and there is a constant running water sound from pipes through the walls that I've never had before on any other ship or room. Has anyone else had this issue? The concierge kind of shrugged it off, so maybe I'm overreacting, but it's kind of annoying as it's constant.

I suspect it will be rather difficult to determine if your experience is similar to others on a chat forum. I had an issue with running water in a suite several years ago. I called the butler thinking he could help notify the appropriate person. He said someone would come. Several hours later, now running all over the floor in bathroom, I went out into the hallway and spoke to a room steward who was next door. She assured me someone would come. All of a sudden my butler is at the door with a plumber and a profuse, if not slightly embarrassed apology. Not sure what happened with the mix-up, but they were grateful I persisted. If you're concerned - persist - call the butler who is responsible for the room.

Yes I experienced the same thing on the Jewel. To me it was like sleeping next to an aquarium. I kinda liked it, but I can see how this could irritate others, especially paying premium for the Haven. I wish I could remember the room number I was in. I know I was very close to the entrance to the Haven pool and we were in a 2 bedroom suite. I've had three other 2 bedroom suites and never experienced this, just on the jewel in the haven.

There would only be two possible sources of this noise. The potable water system and the haven pool. The water system on a ship is in constant recirculation, unlike on land where it is still until you open a tap. As these cabins are at the top of the ship, there might be a little air trapped in the pipes that just won't circulate out, causing some flow noise, but this would be very uncommon.

Most likely you are not hearing the noise in the walls, but it is being transmitted via the areas behind your cabin walls, from the haven pool water recirculation.