Contact with home

Zenica

OK, you will be at sea for a week (there's no CTN these days in the U.S.) so there will be port days & your Plan A at sea are useless with the iPhone (I am guessing) ... what is your cellular carrier & plan coverage - you need global/int'l roaming (unless ... is it Google Fi for inexpensive voice/SMS & 4G data)

Better come up with Plan B while ashore.

Checked - you have UPS but for an extended power outage, do you have a cellular backup to issue alerts or messages ?? ... playing devil's advocate on questioning your Plan C.

I'm not going into details of our 2-tiered security & video monitoring system for interior & exterior protection, suffice to say - it is capable & I can manage it remotely if and when necessary with the given configurations set; and, one of which has 2 way live video/audio. There are no perfect system that assure 97.5% coverage but ours is close enough as things happened ... that is what a good homeowner's insurance policy are for, less the deductible - including sewage backup & basement flooding, etc.

Not knowing which ship you are on, I am not going to get specific of what to expect on the ship's satellite WiFi connectivity, as there could be days & times where you can barely connect & get a good live or streaming link. In other words, let it go - relax & enjoy the few days truly at sea ... I am guessing that you are doing the Caribbean or maybe Mexico this time of the year.

It's just money, you might not find it necessary to upgrade to the unlimited plan - as the server or system will drop your portal or active connection after a period of inactivity while you think you are connected & in standby mode - SMS or TXT messaging are your best means of getting alerted or notified of any "alarms" and/or exceptions in your systems at home. You just need to figure out what to do & delegated authority to someone nearby @home to manage any "crisis".

Sliding/yard entries and unsecured garage doors are among the most vulnerable for burglaries & unattended break-ins while the owner(s) are away ... even while at the supermarket nearby & gone briefly. Secure that - lock it - & have your "Au Pair" use other means of entry/exit instead.

As for plumbing system failure, a properly cared for & maintained one should not explode or implode on its own - have it inspected & serviced before you go.