flight connection

cantfindaname

I sure hope you bought the air from "X" when weather can play a factor. That was they know a flight is delayed & will hold the ship for you & others.

If you bought your own air, then your goose may be cooked. But then you have travel insurance to contact regarding getting you there. But an airline that is late arriving & you miss your connection should be ready to put you on another flight.

1 hour is pretty dangerous in ANY weather now-a-days with the airport happenings!

We just flew back from Mexico, clearing customs in Dallas & almost didn't make a 2+ hour connection due to airport security, customs, etc. Now I KNOW, weather didn't play any part in that, but having flown through DFW MANY times & clearing customs----it has NEVER happened this way!!!

Airports just can't be predicted any more, I'd try to get a different connection if available to give you more time. We NEVER fly the same day we sail just for this reason--another option for you to consider. Good luck!

Getting in a day early is best but I understand that that is not always possible. For us both work and money often forces us to fly in the samr day from PHL. We have flown into San Juan same day, but we booked the first flight out in the AM, and because PHL is a hub and we are local we could watch the local weather to see if there might be a problem.

I like PHL. Its a nice airport but one hour is not enough time.

Maybe you can do a redeye to PHL and hop on the first flight to San Juan. Try Priceline or something like that to get one of the airport hotels.

In the best of all worlds fly in a day (or two) early.

PHL is a notoriously bad airport in the winter... heck even in summer flights run late.

Did you buy insurance?

Contrary to what some people post here, the cruiseline offers air ticketing merely as a convenience for their cruise passengers. It is up to the airline to get you to the ship.... not the cruiseline.

One hour connecting time, though a legal connector, with PHL's history, in the real world it is not something I would book for a client.

If you did insure, it depends on the insurance company. Some of the cheaper policies require a minimum 4 hr connecting time!

I would try to change my ticket, even if I had to take a red eye out the night before and hang around SJU in the early morning.

I came back through Dallas from San Diego last Sunday, "X" had me booked with 1 hour on the ground. Plane delayed leaving San Diego, rough weather caused a "fly around" and then sat on the tarmac because another plane was still at the gate . In the end I had 15 mins to catch my connection (the last plane to my destination that night). I had a wheelchair and the assistant RAN like H*** and got me to the gate in time.

I would certainly try to get more time on the ground between flights. I would not rely on the cruiseline helping you if delayed, they will simply say it is the air lines responsibility. A 2 1/2 hour Delta delay cost me the connection to London earlier this year, Delta told me my ticket was not valid for any other plane, and Cunard failed to have a meet and greet person meet the plane I did get, and I was left stranded at Gatwick without means to get into London to my hotel , I had no English money, having already paid on my credit card for everything (meet, transport hotel and transport to ship).

It is very difficult if a passenger works, perhaps you could fly "red eye" to Philly overnight and so give yourselves more time, not a brilliant idea but just thought I would suggest it.

Archived