New promo, free gratuities?

Scrappygrrl

As a result of reading this thread I checked on the gratuities and called my TA who got the free gratuities added to out cruise as well as a $100 off the base rate for the cruise. Today I am a happy cruiser.

I originally found and reserved this cruise online at Princess.com and then I called the TA. As a result I now have a $100 savings, $150 total cabin OBC, free specialty dining and free gratuities. I credit a large part of my savings and perks to info found on Cruise Critic boards. Thank you that posted on this thread for pointing me toward these savings.

Interesting reading about everyone's experiences. One person on this thread is on one of my 5 day b2b cruises in a couple of weeks and they got the price reduction and the free gratuities. I contacted my TA who had trouble getting through to Princess yesterday but finally did today. I was given $70/per OBC for one cruise (just a couple dollars more than the gratuities) but the other was only given $25/person. No price drop given to me :( Disappointed because others got more but understand some of this probably depends on who you speak to.

I was very happy to get the gratuities for my husband and me, as well as an upgrade to a BB from BE balcony for our Dec 10 Caribbean Princess Panama cruise. And that was going through an internet travel agent, post final payment. Didn't really expect anything to be honest, but was hopeful based on what I saw written here. I also want to thank everyone who posted- I never would have looked or try to get anything added on at this point!

I tried for our upcoming November sailing on the Regal but was told our category, deluxe balcony, is sold out. I was given the option to re-book a regular balcony at basically the same price to take advantage of the free gratuities. Not worth it for us. We currently have a mid ship location with one of the larger balconies so chose to keep it.