Canceling Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Cruiser-66

Unfortunately we booked two cabins on the Glory for 6. Now we wish we were either cruising later or not at all. We booked early saver so supposed to lose $375 dollars a cabin. Does anyone know how Carnival is handling this after the hurricane? I’m afraid we wouldn’t enjoy those islands much this February.

Unfortunately we booked two cabins on the Glory for 6. Now we wish we were either cruising later or not at all. We booked early saver so supposed to lose $375 dollars a cabin. Does anyone know how Carnival is handling this after the hurricane? I’m afraid we wouldn’t enjoy those islands much this February.

Trust me you either use it or lose it. You can not cancel without penalty unless you cancel for any reason insurance. You can try but most likely you won't like the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will have to pay the penalty, back in May when I was unable to fly longer than an hour due to medical reasons and doctors note Carnival didn't care, their rules are their rules, but in reality it was a good thing, I took my business over to RC Harmony of the Seas, it was my71st cruise and my. most favorite ship! We loved it so much we be on the Oasis her sister ship this Sunday...but I didn't like having to pay the penalty, all I wanted to do is change my ship to port Canaveral (we were going on the Dream out of NOLA) where I didn't have to fly and just a two hour car trip, but we lost the money....

I booked on the Triumph for April 18, 2019 during a special and paid a $250 deposit. Received notification that we were being transferred to the Glory which was great since this would have been our 4th booking on the Triumph. Then I received an invoice stating we needed to pay an additional $450 deposit within 3 days to keep the booking. Contacted Carnival and they said they would look at it and get back to me. In the meantime, they cancelled the booking. Now trying to get my original deposit back, but sure I am screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why cancel and lose all the $$$$???

Did you call Carnival and ask? We are scheduled to sail a B2B on the Glory in February, and I called Carnival to ask about cancelling the Eastern Caribbean portion. Our final cruise payment is not due until December. I was told we would lose $50 per person for cancelling, and that the balance of our deposit would be put towards a future cruise credit to be used within 1 year, I think. In the end, we decided to go ahead with our back-to-back, since we had already purchased our flights, Miami & Key West hotels to make it a 3-week trip. We will just enjoy the warm water, sunshine, and make it work. Sometimes life hands you lemons, so you make lemonade. But in the future, I think I will wait until after hurricane season to book a cruise. I suggest calling Carnival directly and asking them about your options.

Edited by tugtraveller

You will have to pay the penalty, back in May when I was unable to fly longer than an hour due to medical reasons and doctors note Carnival didn't care, their rules are their rules, but in reality it was a good thing, I took my business over to RC Harmony of the Seas, it was my71st cruise and my. most favorite ship! We loved it so much we be on the Oasis her sister ship this Sunday...but I didn't like having to pay the penalty, all I wanted to do is change my ship to port Canaveral (we were going on the Dream out of NOLA) where I didn't have to fly and just a two hour car trip, but we lost the money....

This is why you should always have travel insurance. If you had it, you wouldn't be out any money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums