Cheers drink countdown?

Cruisin4beaches

If you can drink 15 alcoholic drinks every 24 hours from 6am to 6am than how many can I drink on embarkation day. Does my countdown start when I board( say 1pm.) Till 6am the next day? Or would my 24 hour count start when my pkg. is first activeated say 1pm to 1pm. This will be my fist time with cheers and want to get the most out of it.

Also has anyone had the cheers pkg for 8 days and after a few days got tired of trying to drink you monies worth?

So the drink package starts the moment you board (except in NY). You have until 6am the following day to drink your 15. Although I've found you don't actually lose that time since you can also get free Cheers! drinks the day you disembark at breakfast, coffee bar, etc until you get off the ship.

For 8 days, to get your money's worth, you need to drink about 6 alcoholic drinks a day. However, with Cheers ALL drinks are included so bottles of water, coconut water, coffee, etc is also included and can easily pad-your non-heavy drinking days to make your moneys worth. I don't think you'll have any problem.

At a bare-minimum, if you were to ONLY drink alcohol, you'd need to have 48 (8 days x 6/day) drinks over the course of 8 days to make it worthwhile. I know for me, the first and second day I tend to at least hit 10...also sea days are super-easy to hit a decent amount.

So, in short...you'll be fine! Good luck!

Just to clarify the break even is 6-7 cocktails for those that drink beer, do shots, or prefer well drinks or house wine the numbers are higher more like 8-11 drinks per day (before factoring in the non-alcoholic beverages). Beers range in price from just about $5-6.25, well drinks and shots are $6.-7.50 (unless a top shelf or premium label is asked for specifically), and house wine about $6.75. While cocktails start at $7.95, with most being $8.95 and martinis 9.95-12.95, and you can ask for premium labels as a substitution for the normal pour.

Also, if you haven't already, pre-pay for it in your carnival.com cruise manager and you'll save $5/day on it.

Another cost saving piece of advice for the Cheers program, is to purchase a Carnival gift card from AARP or another site, and save 10%. In other words, I purchased CCL GC's valued at $100 and paid only $90. I used those to pre-purchase Cheers for our upcoming cruise. So I not only saved $5/day, I also saved 10% on top of that by purchasing the GC's.

Another cost saving piece of advice for the Cheers program, is to purchase a Carnival gift card from AARP or another site, and save 10%. In other words, I purchased CCL GC's valued at $100 and paid only $90. I used those to pre-purchase Cheers for our upcoming cruise. So I not only saved $5/day, I also saved 10% on top of that by purchasing the GC's.

I am nominating this the tip of the "DAY"!:cool:

If you can drink 15 alcoholic drinks every 24 hours from 6am to 6am than how many can I drink on embarkation day. Does my countdown start when I board( say 1pm.) Till 6am the next day? Or would my 24 hour count start when my pkg. is first activeated say 1pm to 1pm. This will be my fist time with cheers and want to get the most out of it.

Also has anyone had the cheers pkg for 8 days and after a few days got tired of trying to drink you monies worth?

We had it for an 8 day cruise in June. Just remember you only need to "average" 6-7 alcoholic drinks a day. In other words, if you have 12 one day and only 3 the next you are still making out. And that's not counting if you get water, soda, coffee, etc.

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a company in Canada that would have a discount as above ? I live in BC

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

That's exactly what we did with our Verizon gift cards. Between that and pre-paying, you can definitely drive the cost down even more.