Any private excursions from the Princess Kenai Lodge?

Worldtraveler 4727

I was thrilled to see that excursions for our Alaska land/sea cruise for next June had opened up, but was very disappointed that the ONLY ONE I wanted to book is not being offered: Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise. I called and was told to keep checking the list of excursions--it's unlikely, but other excursions may be added later.

I know these Alaska lodges can be quite remote.

Does anyone know if there are any excursions available from the Princess Kenai Lodge? From the Princess Denali Lodge?

I will also post this on the Alaska site--hoping in one place or another to find some alternatives.

I was thrilled to see that excursions for our Alaska land/sea cruise for next June had opened up, but was very disappointed that the ONLY ONE I wanted to book is not being offered: Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise. I called and was told to keep checking the list of excursions--it's unlikely, but other excursions may be added later.

I know these Alaska lodges can be quite remote.

Does anyone know if there are any excursions available from the Princess Kenai Lodge? From the Princess Denali Lodge?

I will also post this on the Alaska site--hoping in one place or another to find some alternatives.

Kind of specialized, but we spent two days flyfishing the Kenai with a private guide. Best fishing ever, and he picked us up right there!

Check out excursions in Cooper Landing, where the Kenai lodge is.

There are also do it yourself tours in Denali.

The Alaska boards should be very helpful for you, and also Trip Advisor, Good luck, and have a great trip.

Thanks Ron and Linda!

My husband is an avid fisherman. Can you give me a few more specifics?

Were you picked up from the Princess Kenai Lodge?

I see that there are several places listed in Cooper Landing....which outfit did you go with?

Thanks!

Kathy

We fished with JJ, Kenai River Trout Anglers, 1-907-599-0085. Yes, he picked us up at the lodge. I took my own waders, but he found me some wading boots that fit, which I appreciated. We left a review on Trip Advisor. We both love to flyfish, but my husband got the cough crud at our first lodge (be careful) , so his first day was not great. We caught many many dolly varden, and some really ugly salmon with humps and big jaws. I quit counting after a dozen each day. JJ also took us to find some cough syrup for my husband before delivering us back to the lodge. This was our favorite room, with a fireplace, which unfortunately Ron slept through most!

We chose to rent the boat alone, but if booked with others, it would be less, but we were very happy.. We would do this again without a thought. We had a get together with our group for our first evening, and there was an eagle sitting right across from the patio.

So jealous, but we are taking the first 12 day from LA in April, but not the same as seeing the interior.

The Kenai lodge was one of the four Princess lodges we visited (and by far our favorite) on our cruisetour this last May and June. It is very remote and we had trouble finding a fishing excursion, mostly due to time of year. The vendors I contacted all stated they did not pick up at lodge. We ended up doing a Princess rafting trip, about 5 hrs and enjoyed it. The guys would have preferred fishing but it all worked out. It is a gorgeous spot and the Cabins are perfect . During our two night stay, we did see several bears from a distance. There are just two places to eat: dining room (make reservations) and bar area for more casual spot, both with a great view of the river.

The Kenai lodge was one of the four Princess lodges we visited (and by far our favorite) on our cruisetour this last May and June. It is very remote and we had trouble finding a fishing excursion, mostly due to time of year. The vendors I contacted all stated they did not pick up at lodge. We ended up doing a Princess rafting trip, about 5 hrs and enjoyed it. The guys would have preferred fishing but it all worked out. It is a gorgeous spot and the Cabins are perfect . During our two night stay, we did see several bears from a distance. There are just two places to eat: dining room (make reservations) and bar area for more casual spot, both with a great view of the river.[/quote

]We had booked our cruise early, but had to change it when we found out the Kenai did not open until June. We got to celebrate

Christmas in August" at the lodges, with Christmas decorations, music, and employees dressed in hats and sweaters

We had our meals included with our tour, so for the most part, we ate king crab in the lodge restaurants every night, without a look at the prices.