Has anyone had trouble getting cruise deposit refund?

ann1bell

We cancelled a cruise with Viking on Sept. 26. They told us it would take 30 days which I think is ridiculous. The thirty day period ended today so I called them and told them I had not received it. They told me they would report it and it could be 21 more days.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was not allowed to at first. The person who was helping me said she would talk to him. She came back and said my deposit would maybe come in 24 to 48 hours but at least not the 21 days.

Finally I demanded to talk to the supervisor who said he was working on my refund but accounting was not open yet. Has this happened to anyone before?

Edited by ann1bell
Not finished

Sure hope you get your refund... down here in Australia we loose $500 each when we cancel !!! Sure wish Viking would just transfer that credit to a future cruise but they wont... I know there has been many posts on CC about why this happens in Australia but it still baffles me!!

Dear ann1bell,

While we’re happy to hear that your deposit refund will be coming shortly, we sincerely regret to learn of your disappointing experience with the cancellation process.

Although it sounds like this situation was resolved during our recent conversation, should you wish to discuss this matter further, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns, ann1bell, and wish you well.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

We cancelled a cruise with Viking on Sept. 26. They told us it would take 30 days which I think is ridiculous. The thirty day period ended today so I called them and told them I had not received it. They told me they would report it and it could be 21 more days.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was not allowed to at first. The person who was helping me said she would talk to him. She came back and said my deposit would maybe come in 24 to 48 hours but at least not the 21 days.

Finally I demanded to talk to the supervisor who said he was working on my refund but accounting was not open yet. Has this happened to anyone before?