M S C OPERA 2/11/06 who else??

msbptg

Hes so special gives me a cruise for Valentines and my birthday each year says he hates to shop but I dont object. usualy try to work in a couple of other cruises each year. Do you wear a crown and inhabit a throne or should we look for a standard beach chair, sounds like a great idea to have your own beach chair.

Hes so special gives me a cruise for Valentines and my birthday each year says he hates to shop but I dont object. usualy try to work in a couple of other cruises each year. Do you wear a crown and inhabit a throne or should we look for a standard beach chair, sounds like a great idea to have your own beach chair.

lol, if I do bring a beach chair, it,ll be the folding canvas one...I think its blue in color.. No crown, but I always feel like a king while sailing the high seas..

Hubby and I just booked this cruise. We are sailing with my mother and her friend. I was on Lirica last April and really enjoyed it, that's why I'm going back (and the good prices don't hurt).

If anyone would like to set up a Meet and Greet, have at it. We are driving down to the port, so we'll probably be there pretty early.

I'm excited now, I have a cruise booked for less than 3 weeks :)

bthorn,

I would love to arrange a Meet and Greet! Perhaps we could arrange a meeting area for those that board earlier. Maybe within a few hours of the ship's scheduled departure? Any interest?? Or perhaps the next morning but that's harder to arrange since we don't know what the scheduled events are. Previous times we've done this we wore something on our collars or hats to identify ourselves. Maybe a red ribbon? Suggestions welcomed!

Also, should I be receiving cruise docs? Haven' received anything yet. Wonder if anyone else has.

Millie

bthorn,

I would love to arrange a Meet and Greet! Perhaps we could arrange a meeting area for those that board earlier. Maybe within a few hours of the ship's scheduled departure? Any interest?? Or perhaps the next morning but that's harder to arrange since we don't know what the scheduled events are. Previous times we've done this we wore something on our collars or hats to identify ourselves. Maybe a red ribbon? Suggestions welcomed!

Also, should I be receiving cruise docs? Haven' received anything yet. Wonder if anyone else has.

Millie

Look for the italian in the beach chair buy the pool,,that,ll be me...where going to try and find some people that want to share a cab to take us to casa del mar..its a great beach and a nice place to snorkle! see you at the pool

Hello All,

Have been trying to post, but trouble getting logged in.

Anyway...My husband and I are from CT and are going on the 11th. Looking for any advice on what to do in ST. Maartin as it will be our first time there.

P.S. I'm 1/2 Italian :)

Hello All,

Have been trying to post, but trouble getting logged in.

Anyway...My husband and I are from CT and are going on the 11th. Looking for any advice on what to do in ST. Maartin as it will be our first time there.

P.S. I'm 1/2 Italian :)

LOL@1/2 italian..It has some great shopping areas, but my wife and I will be heading to the beach to do some snorkling, than off to shop..

would really like to meet yaall when or where ever. We hope to board early but i dont do mornings real well so Clifford will have to push the schedule. we have been told we're to do dock side pick up on DOCs but really hope MSC sends us something. We do have a booking number but nothing else so far.

specialthing, did you book through MSC or travel agent? I have a confirmation sheet with all info but that's all at this point. If I don't get anything more by next week I'll be calling TA that booked this.

md, shopping and snorkeling both great in St. Maarten. Depends on what you like to do. We're going scuba diving. What to join us???!!

ms, shall we make your beach chair the "Meet and Greet" location???? Everyone can look for you periodically when boarding. What is the official depature time anyway???? What exactly does your chair look like? I assume it will be the only non-MSC lounge chair we see?? I also assume there is ony 1 pool???

We are going to be taking a cab in Bayhibe (sp?) at La Romana. Looking to share a cab there as well in anyone interested.

Look forward to meeting you all,

Millie

Having just made my reservations, I know that I won't get any documents. We'll just check-in at the pier. So long as I have my booking #, I'm not concerned. I've done this in the past and sometimes it is faster, as they have a different line for people who haven't received documents yet.

In La Romana, I'm hoping to go to Casa del Mar. I have just sent them an e-mail to find out the cost for a day pass.

We have been to St. Marteen before, on the Lirica last April, however, our time there was cut short, so we didn't get to venture too far. I have to be careful about what I plan, as my mother is not able to walk to far. Sometimes, it can be a very long walk from the ship to transportation, ie. Ocho Rios, Cozumel, etc.

I would love to meet up with all of you. If someone wants to be the official host/hostess to set up time, place, etc., that would be great.

This will be the first cruise that I have taken as an actual vacation in almost 2 years (I've gone to a lot of training seminars onboard cruises), so I'm sooooo looking forward to it.

Bev

msbptg,

I notice that you always sign off with "huh". Is that your name? What do I call out when I see someone in their own lounge chair? Hey there, good looking Italian guy???? By what time do you expect to be lounging by the pool? We are aiming to be on board by 2PM.

As for when to plan a formal Meet and Greet, it's kind of hard without knowing MSC's scheduled events or the public areas that would be available at any given time. That's why I'm thinking that if we start looking for each other as soon as we get on board, or wear ribbons, it'll be easier.

I'm open to suggestions, Millie

msbptg,

I notice that you always sign off with "huh". Is that your name? What do I call out when I see someone in their own lounge chair? Hey there, good looking Italian guy???? By what time do you expect to be lounging by the pool? We are aiming to be on board by 2PM.

As for when to plan a formal Meet and Greet, it's kind of hard without knowing MSC's scheduled events or the public areas that would be available at any given time. That's why I'm thinking that if we start looking for each other as soon as we get on board, or wear ribbons, it'll be easier.

I'm open to suggestions, Millie

Millie, call out the name Mark, and I,ll answer..I can,t answer on times at the pool..but I will say,this whole thing started on celebrity, when everyoone was complaining about never being able to sit in a chair buy the pool because they where always taken early on...so I said to my bride u don,t see too many people bring there own beach chair with them...and after they start paying 15 or so bucks to rent a chair on the beach a day, they,ll start to think ..now why didn,t I think of that..and the best part is..I leave it in fla when I get back to my dad,s house..

I love the beach and my husband loves to snorkel....Got any suggestions? And have you been scared off by some of the reviews?

case del mar is great for snorkling....YES I have..funny thing tho, until you do the cruise and eat the food, you just don,t no.. I,ve been on many cruises and all in all, have not eaten what you would call bad food...of course these where with celebrity and rccl, so who no,s...Anytime I did not like the entree, I sent it back until they got it right...and thats what I,ll do on Opera...

Having just made my reservations, I know that I won't get any documents. We'll just check-in at the pier. So long as I have my booking #, I'm not concerned. I've done this in the past and sometimes it is faster, as they have a different line for people who haven't received documents yet.

In La Romana, I'm hoping to go to Casa del Mar. I have just sent them an e-mail to find out the cost for a day pass.

We have been to St. Marteen before, on the Lirica last April, however, our time there was cut short, so we didn't get to venture too far. I have to be careful about what I plan, as my mother is not able to walk to far. Sometimes, it can be a very long walk from the ship to transportation, ie. Ocho Rios, Cozumel, etc.

I would love to meet up with all of you. If someone wants to be the official host/hostess to set up time, place, etc., that would be great.

This will be the first cruise that I have taken as an actual vacation in almost 2 years (I've gone to a lot of training seminars onboard cruises), so I'm sooooo looking forward to it.

Bev

I,ll do it,

I just found this group. I (and a friend) am going on Feb 11. I think we dock in San Juan at 3:00. Anyone know of any recommended shore excursions at any of the ports of call??? I can't seem to find anything.

I just found this group. I (and a friend) am going on Feb 11. I think we dock in San Juan at 3:00. Anyone know of any recommended shore excursions at any of the ports of call??? I can't seem to find anything.

I mentioned casa del mar as a place to swim or just sun on the beach..most excursions are the same thing..a tour taking you around the town to see the sites..(which you can do yourself).. a tour on some sort of water craft.. a tour to the rain forest on some islands..there are plenty of things to do, depending on your activity level. My wife and I are on vacation, not on a race to do everything possible in a few hours..enjoy!!!

We use a trvl agt but did talk to MSC this am. they were friendly helpful and informative. we are on a guarentee cabin but they said they would upgrade instead of honoring price drop. will talk to trvl agt tomarrow. this is our 17th cruise since the big red boat in nov of 1995 and several have been dock side pick up on docs so far no problem so heres hopeing. cabins arent big for us as they are for sleeping and showering. as long as they let me on the ship ill be happy. if they dont youll recognise me as the little old lady pitching a fit and Cliff will be the younger bearded man declareing he dosent know me. only 9 more work days till were out of here. were flying in on the 10th so hope to be on board at a fairly decent time. looking forward to meeting ya all. LATER Carol the specialthing

Hey all, Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm on the 2/11 Opera, 7th cruise total, 5th solo. Hope to meet some of you! Some of the reviews worry me, but it seems like the 2/11 crowd has a pretty good perspective on the ups and downs of travel. I feel lucky to be able to travel as much as I do. Let's band together and have a fabulous time, despite whatever might be thrown our way!!!! :) Would love to share a taxi to a beach in St. Martin.

Deb

Hey all, Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm on the 2/11 Opera, 7th cruise total, 5th solo. Hope to meet some of you! Some of the reviews worry me, but it seems like the 2/11 crowd has a pretty good perspective on the ups and downs of travel. I feel lucky to be able to travel as much as I do. Let's band together and have a fabulous time, despite whatever might be thrown our way!!!! :) Would love to share a taxi to a beach in St. Martin.

Deb

besides me bringing a beach chair for the pool and beach,,, I think I have a cruise critic pin that I can wear at nite time..

Would love to meet others on this cruise. I still have no ideas about shore excursions. The documentation finally came with an insert that says they will be available when we board. We don't have a cabin number assigned and I have no "cruise critic" gear. How will we know each other??? Maureen

Hi , I am not reading very good things about this ship which means we will have to make it fun. I am a TA and am cruising on business. The at sea days I will be in class but if anyone would like to team up on a tour let me know. Orient Beach sounds good. If anyone knows the ship layout maybe we can all meet on Saturday.

Hi , I am not reading very good things about this ship which means we will have to make it fun. I am a TA and am cruising on business. The at sea days I will be in class but if anyone would like to team up on a tour let me know. Orient Beach sounds good. If anyone knows the ship layout maybe we can all meet on Saturday.

Hey Duke,

I know exactly the "business" you are attending on the cruise (been there, done that). I am originally from Methuen, MA, not to far from Beverly. If you want to give me an e-mail address, I can send you an e-mail about TA stuff (don't wish to bore the public forum).

When a day and time has been set-up for the get-together (or has it been determined to be by the pool), post here for all to see.

Although we had no plans for a cruise we came across a special offer this morning and it was so good we couldn't refuse. Although we've been on numerous cruises this is our first MSC and definitely our first time booking within 9 days of sailing! After quickly looking over your more recent posts, I am feeling better about trying MSC. I feel that fun is what you make it and if you go with a good attitude and ready to have a good time, you will. This is especially true if you meet up with other folks with the same outlook. Sounds like you all are those folks. Hope we can meet up on the ship. We will be be couple with the blank stares resulting from pulling this trip together in 9 days. We may also be identified by the crazy wardrobe pulled together on such short notice! Hope to hear from some of you.

Archived