Trans-Canal cruises on Princess?

bjkTX

I am considering a Panama Canal cruise based on the advice of many CC members, but am having a difficult time determining if any of the Princess cruises actually go through the Canal - which has been recommended as the best way to go for a first time visitor.

Any words of wisdom or suggestions on where I can check? I've looked at the Princess site at the cruises I know of (or could find) to Panama and it isn't clear what they do - but from what I do see it doesn't appear they go through.

We are doing the full cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco, 4/27/05. Lots of people have given us terrific help answering the same questions. Princess page is not very easy to understand, I agree with that. Do some searches here on old posts. Lots of info. Good luck.

until we sail away on the Coral ....04/27/05 Panama Canel

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;4;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We did the full east to west transit on the Dawn Princess in April from San Juan to Acapulco. The trip is fabulous and I strongly recommend it! There is a brochure from Princess that should show the full transit crossings and the partial transits. As was previously noted, most of the full transits are in April and September when the ships reposition between the Caribbean and Alaska. You will have a fantastic time!

Sue

Dawn Princess - Panama Canal - April 2004

Dawn Princess - Alaska - August 2005

As always - thanks for the replies and the great information. Before I logged on this morning, as we were having Fathers Day breakfast and talking about cruising - it dawned on me that if the cruise goes from California to Florida (for example) it pretty much has to go through the Canal :-) DOH

I appreciate you all treating me kindly.

We were on the 5/15 Diamond to Alaska and when we got home figured that would probably be our last cruise - but cruising appears to be just like going to the pet store and "looking" at puppies. I've been looking again, and more than likely I'll be booking a Panama canal trip soon - that 4/05 trip looks great!

Think you might find the cruises you are interested in here:

http://www.princess.com/destination/panama/cruise_tgc.jsp

Future cruises:

9/04 Star Princess x2- Med. Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome

11/04 Dawn Princess-Southern Caribbean

1/05 Diamond Princess-Mexican Riviera

7&8/05Star Princess x2-Baltics

Past cruises:

04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

04 Dawn Princess x2- Southern Caribbean

03Grand Princess x2- W.Caribbean

03 Sun Princess-Mexico

03Tahitian Princess-Tahiti/ Cook Islands

03 Royal Princess x2-British Isles & Norwegian Fjords/ Iceland

03 Island Princess-Panama Canal

01 HAL Ryndam x 2-S. America San Diego to Valpariso/ & around Cape Horn to Rio

00 Sky Princess-China/Orient

79 Sitmar's Fairwind x2- Caribbean/Panama Canal

bjkTX, I know it's a long wait, but the repositioning cruise FT. Lauderdale to San FRan in April, 2005 seems to be a once in a lifetime cruise opportunity. The history of the Panama Canal with the sea days and caribbean islands make many wonderful memories. My wife and I will be staying on to go home to Vancouver after San Fran, making it a 25th anniversary to remember.

Jonathan and Shirley

Sky Princess - 1997 West Coastal

Sea Princess - 2001 Western Caribbean

Sea Princess - 2002 Alaska

Reposition Cruise - Transcanal

Coral Princess April 27, 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;4;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

bjkTX,

We are from Longview, TX, and going on the Ft. Lauderdale-LA Sun Princess cruise on 4/18/05.

Would love to have some fellow Texans on board with us.

This will be our 5th cruise (all Princess) with 3 being Carribean. We love cruising and think everyone should do it.

JEMS

SUN

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;4;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi bjkTX,

My wife & I did the full transit from Acapulco to San Juan in October 2003 on the Dawn Princess. It was a wonderful cruise. Of course the highlight being transiting the canal. Here is a link to our pictures. I know there are many but they will provide you with a feel for the overall cruise.

http://photos.yahoo.com/cpebmw

Bruce

Crown 1991 Eastern Caribbean

Dreamward 1994 Bermuda

Sun 1997 Western Caribbean

Grand 1999 Mediterranean

Dawn 2000 Southern Caribbean

Ocean 2001 Mexican Riviera

Crown 2001 Hawaii/Tahiti

Dawn 2002 Eastern Caribbean

Conquest 2003 W. Caribbean

Dawn 2003 Transit Panama Canal