muster station question kids are in different station than myself.

coachkel22

I booked 3 rooms next to one another for our cruise on the Glory. In one room is myself and wife, in the other is my two children (ages 9 and 13) and in the 3rd is the grandparents. When I printed off the boarding passes, I noticed that my children are in muster station G and we are in muster station E. I've been on previous cruises but never really paid attention on how the stations correlate with boats. I know my kids have had to wear wrist bands that show what muster station they are in. In the case of an emergency, I would obviously want to be in the same station as my children. Can anyone give me any insight on how the muster stations work and if I should call Carnival to see if this is something I can change?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Which muster station are the grandparents assigned to? You can't just take two more people to your muster station. It might be okay for the drill, but each muster station is assigned specific lifeboats by capacity. They only hold so many souls. Two more won't fit. At muster drill, they will be counting and the kids station will come up short and they will go crazy trying to find them and delay the completion of the drill. EM

We had a similar thing on our last cruise, which was on a different line. Come muster time my 33 year old was nowhere to be found but I had my 13 year old with me. Although she was in a different muster station I just told them at the door that she was coming with me. They said "of course'.

I am just wondering. They let you book with 2 young kids in the room?

I thought you had to book an adult into the room.

When booking through a PVP or travel professional they can override the booking restriction about those under 21 being in a cabin without someone over 25 as long as the second cabin is x # of doors away from the guardian's cabin. The distances varies based on the youngest age in the cabin and there are also restrictions as to what type of cabin, such as if there is anyone under 13 the minor's only stateroom, the cabin can not be a balcony, unless it is a connecting cabin to the parent's/guardian.

But if that is the case the travel professional should of also made sure that the minors were part of the same muster station.

1. Yes you can book kids next door or across the hall from parents. We couldn't get adjoining rooms. They were booked or we didn't have the right combo meaning one room was for 2 people the other room was for 4.

2. I called Carnival and was told it would need to be taken care of on the ship. Our cruise consultant who booked the rooms is no longer there.

3. Worst case scenario, we change room assignments and have one parent with one child and have them program our keys to the original rooms

4. grandparents are in the same muster station as the parents, not the grandkids

Does each station mean a different lifeboat? I never paid that much attention at that part of the MD