I received my dress and pashmina!!

They are both absolutely lovely. The dress is just like in the picture from my previous post. Fits perfectly. Just needs to hang some wrinkles out. (I have until the first week of April for the wrinkles to hang out!:rolleyes:) And the controversial pashmina..... The tag says 100% pashmina. It has a little story of where pashmina comes from on the tag. It is very soft and delicate. (I know there's someone that knows about real pashmina. Remind me of what is should feel and look like.) It's light enough to breathe when worn. And I know I already said soft, but like baby soft. I feel like I did really well. I was kinda nervous... purchase from someone in England, dress might not fit, pashmina might be weird or a fake.. I feel so much better. Now that I have my dress, I'm that much closer to being ready to cruise!! :D

Well cashmere is very soft for sure- but so is the acrylic faux cashmere-I can't feel the differance by feel but let it warm up on a winter day and I sure know the acrylic fake cashmere-all of the sudden I am roasting in tHAT scarf.

Silk is soft too so cashmere and silk no matter the percentage of each would be soft I guess.

By the way my scarf that I have that was a cashmere and acrylic blend ( I have one that is a blend and another that is 100% acrylic that is a faux cashmere) I pulled out this scarf and found little tiny moth holes in it. I thought since it was a blend that would not happen. At least that is what I was told- that moths will only eat 100% wool. Now I am wondering if it was 100% wool but just a percentage cashmere. Since I cut the tag off of it I don't know but I sure thought it was 20% cashmere and 80% acrylic or something like that- but maybe it was 20% cashmere and the rest just wool. I paid only $20 for the scarf so I know it was not 100% cashmere.

Oh well if I had realized that- I would have packed it away in my cedar chest for the summer instead of leaving it in my coat closet.

Congrats on your outfit.

Archived