Do it yourself Norway ports with rental cars

• 1 month later...

Hi - I am trying to narrow down what all we can fit in with our DIY day in Leknes. We have a car rental at the airport and can pick up at 8:00. Cruise departs at 5:00. So we'll have to factor in taxi time back to the ship. Do you think it's possible to fit in Nusfjord, Sund (blacksmith), Reine, A, and back up to Haukland beach? I feel like that's asking for a lot but also think I'm overestimating the size and distances. I saw that you visited most of those places. About how long did you spend in each village and at the blacksmith? Thanks for the help!

We were in Leknes from 8am to 5pm. We moved quickly. We drove an hour to A and spent about 45 minutes or so at Norsk Fisheries Museum or so there as village was closed. We got delicious cinnamon buns. We stopped in Reine and took a number of photos from the viewpoint above the village and at waterfront. We next visited Sund and toured the blacksmiths museum there. Next we stopped at Flakstad Kirche which was quaint. We went inside the church. Next we went to Skagssanden Beach for about a 20-25 minute stop. Nusjord was our next stop where we toured the village there and got a snack. Our last stop was Lofotr Viking Museum where we spent an hour and got the tender back around 4pm or 4:15pm. Gives you an idea about what you can do during your visit. We enjoyed all that we saw.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We spent an hour at the Lofotr viking museum. I think we left there about 2:45 or 3pm. I wrote out a schedule so I could fit it all in and had written down driving distances. We also made numerous photo stops. We were on one of the first tenders off the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Hi!

Thanks for your information. We will be on a fjords cruise in June, 2018. Were you able to book the rental car in Honningsvag over the internet, and, if so, do you have a link for that? Also, what was the approximate cost for the day/

Sorry. I missed this. Yes I booked via email. I don’t remember the cost ...about $120? They were at the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 years later...

we are going on a holland america norway fjords on May 28th and I want to rent self drive cars in the ports but I cannot find any info can anyone help please.

Ulvik

Molde

Flam

Alesund

Bergen

Haugesund

Sandness

Kristiansand

Arhus Denmark

In Alesund we rented a car through Avis, one of their office is about 10 minute walk from the cruise terminal. 

I am sure in a city like Bergen there will be rental cars probably also Avis etc. 

17 hours ago, amazingsue said:

thank you i am on avis site and it states 4 reantal cars in alesund for avis by any chance do you remember the name of the street.

If I remember right it was the one on Leilebil, (Nedre Strandgate) about 10 minutes walk from the cruise terminal.