Uber not allowed to go to Port Everglade?

parkbr

That's really strange, I'm not sure why they made us show the docs. I would be afraid to refuse for fear of not being able to get into the port and miss the cruise.. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Thinking back its possible we showed docs. I think they have a lane for cruise guests, right? Regardless, my wife worked in the secure area of the port for a long time and I used to drive through that guard booth often to pick her up or drop her off. There is another secured area that you cannot get through, which cheng is talking about. She worked there, so I had to drop her at the smaller guard house but the main one you go through did not require anything but a driver license and asked why I was there.

I guess those 2 Uber drivers that my aunt and uncle had were anomaly. Too bad that they had to pay cancellation fee.

I think it's something for others to be aware of.

If the driver refused to give you a ride, you can contact Uber for a refund

• 1 year later...

There seems to be a huge misconception of UBER and Lyft being allowed inside Port Everglades.  We recently stayed at 2 hotels in FLL for a cruise and both front desk people at both hotels,  said Uber isnt allowed in the ports or they drop you right at the front and you have to walk a mile with your luggage (I didnt believe that for a second) Apparently, this is to get you to sign up for the hotel shuttles and pay $10 per person, when UBER is only $7 total from most area hotels. The answer is YES! Uber/Lyft is allowed inside the Port however there is a caveat, the drivers must have a client with them, dropping them at the port, OR if they are going to pick someone up from a ship , they must show proof of their reservation on their phone to the guards. Otherwise, they cannot hangout inside port everglades like the cabbies do at the curb. I believe Cabs are state run and have sonority over uber/lyft. We found this out, asking several security personal that work in the pier, including 2 officers outside the cruise ship at the curb. 

UBER/LYFT can operate in Port Everglades.  Correct, they must show the checkpoints that they have customers waiting.  This keeps the roadways inside the Port clear of loitering. 

Taxis are staged in a holding lot (away from the terminals) and dispatched to each terminal as needed.  This also keeps the roads clear of loitering.