Random Grandeur (deck 3) Bathroom Question.

rpmljm

This may seem odd, but I recently saw a photo someone took in a Jr. Suite on Grandeur and the bathroom sink is the kind with the high sides that stick way up (about 4") above the counter surface with a faucet that comes in low just above the rim. I was wondering if all the sinks on Grandeur are like that now. We will be in an ocean view cabin on deck 3. I was hoping that deck 3 doesn't have those sinks. I have a specific reason for asking. Has anyone been in one of those rooms who can answer?

Thanks!

My previous 2 cruises on Grandeur deck 3 interior, the last being in September 2017, had those sinks.

I don't like them as I am a short woman and I have to stand on my tippy toes to wash my face as the sink sides are too high. It is quite uncomfortable.

Darn! That's my problem exactly. I hate those sinks. I don't know whoever came up with the idea of them. They make no sense at all. Not at all practical.

What did you do? Any tricks to using them that I may not have thought of?

"Vessel" sinks suck, IMO....not only do you have to clean the inside of the sink...you need to clean the OUTSIDE? Who thought this idea up? Idiots!

Exactly! I thought I was the only one who hated them. You can't bend over them to wash your face before bed.

We had them in a deck 3 outside room on the Grandeur, they didn't bother me at all.. I'm short 5'2" and didn't have any difficulties...

If you don't mind me asking...Do you wash your face at the sink?

Darn! That's my problem exactly. I hate those sinks. I don't know whoever came up with the idea of them. They make no sense at all. Not at all practical. What did you do? Any tricks to using them that I may not have thought of?

Good to know I am not the only person who finds them impractical!

If you bring heels, you could wear them to give you a few more inches at the sink. I thought of that AFTER the cruise, of course, as is my style.:( I'll bring heels for sure on our 2018 Grandeur cruise. Also, Burt's Bees White Tea facial wipes are good for facial cleansing and have a light, fresh scent and don't dry my skin. I had those with me and was thankful.

Good to know I am not the only person who finds them impractical!

If you bring heels, you could wear them to give you a few more inches at the sink. I thought of that AFTER the cruise, of course, as is my style.:( I'll bring heels for sure on our 2018 Grandeur cruise. Also, Burt's Bees White Tea facial wipes are good for facial cleansing and have a light, fresh scent and don't dry my skin. I had those with me and was thankful.

I was thinking about facial wipes, too. I have never used them before and wondered about how they are at removing eye makeup and foundation. Do they work as well as other cleansers?

I was thinking about facial wipes, too. I have never used them before and wondered about how they are at removing eye makeup and foundation. Do they work as well as other cleansers?

They are fine for foundation not as good for eye makeup. Don't flush them, just put them in the trash.