Tauck Esprit Review Oct. 2017

Gourmet Gal

Gourmet Gal! I wondered when we might hear from you. I'm happy you enjoyed the cruise overall but sad you didn't enjoy the food. I had a feeling you wouldn't after my lackluster experience with their food on my same cruise in August.

Isn't Patricia just the sweetest and most upbeat person?! Loved her. Curious who your CD was. I was not impressed with ours, and also wondered what his job was since we had three great directors on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been on 2 Tauck River Cruises and they were flawless - the best guides and excursions and service. Loved our cabin and lounge. Our only disappointment on both cruises were the dinners in the Main Dining Room. We LOVED the breakfasts. Some of the dinners were ok, but none were great. We actually ate 3 meals in their smaller dining area Arthur's and we really liked the menu and food a lot there. We just booked a Uniworld cruise for next year and we hear amazing things about the food. Not sure they can measure up to Tauck's guides/excursions/daily gifts - but we are curious to experience the difference - plus, Uniworld was cheaper and they give a discount to repeat travelers - wish Tauck did this. We have traveled with Tauck 4 times and get no discount.

The alternative dining venue on Esprit was only available twice for each cabin for the entire cruise. The first week was a French theme and the second week Itaiian and it was quite good both times. The ship is being re-designed in the off-season and I believe they will be making some adjustments to that dining space.

I’ve sailed Uniworld before and the lines are very similar but

I remember the food as being better on Uniworld...not fantastic but better.