Snorkel Trip besides EagleRay/Fury

danyelle

Snorkel trip with Dalila divers, the onsite operator located on Playa Palancar. more info You can try a google search for Dalila Divers, but the right link won't be on the first page of results. I think you should be able to just show up and go snorkeling.

Travelnotes has a couple of snorkeling options.

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com recommends a snorkel tour as well.

Some of the dive shops will also do snorkeling. Blue Angel does a combo dive/snorkel trip. They also do discover scuba if you really want to experience the underwater world.

Snorkel trip with Dalila divers, the onsite operator located on Playa Palancar. more info You can try a google search for Dalila Divers, but the right link won't be on the first page of results. I think you should be able to just show up and go snorkeling.

Travelnotes has a couple of snorkeling options.

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com recommends a snorkel tour as well.

Some of the dive shops will also do snorkeling. Blue Angel does a combo dive/snorkel trip. They also do discover scuba if you really want to experience the underwater world.

Thanks Bruce, I have heard/read that I cannot just show up and go snorkeling (that was my original plan, since we had good luck with that last trip) due to Wilma's doing.

Have things changed? Is offshore snorkeling back in action?

I think what I read from Tom was that Dalila divers wasn't busy, so if you just showed up, you would likely be able to go out.

Their website is http://www.daliladivers.com so you can contact them if you wish. It might take some patients and a couple of emails, but I read on cozumelmycozumel that they were still in business as of late September.

Hi all

I went by Palancar Beach last week and spoke to Dalila divers - you can just turn up at the beach and go out on a snorkel trip. It costs $30 for one hour, including equipment and a guide. They normally go to Palancar Reef and Colombia shallows - both offer some of the best snorkeling post-Wilma.

They have 2 boats, so you shouldn't have to wait long and the beach and bar is great even if you do!

They obviously prefer to take larger groups, but they told me that even if only one or two people want to go they will still take them. If you have 8 or more you'll get it for $25 though....

They also do diving but this needs to be booked in advance - see. www.daliladivers.com

A full detailed and up-to-date report about Palancar Beach and other beaches is on my website...

You can also try www.cozumelinsider.com for snorkel trips.

Best wishes

Ian

I was hoping to take the Dalila Diver's snorkel trip from Palancar Beach this Saturday, but my husband and I will have our two kids with us, 4 and 6. I spoke with somebody from Dalila by e-mail a while back, and they said we could bring them, but then someone else told me the currents out there are pretty strong and may not be suitable for children. Do you have any thoughts on this?

When our itinerary was supposed to be changed - Chellie (Eagle Ray) said that we could switch and do a 2 reef trip. They were very accomodating as far as the time to start and said she would make sure we were back with plenty of time - maybe you could stick with them just not as long;)

When our itinerary was supposed to be changed - Chellie (Eagle Ray) said that we could switch and do a 2 reef trip. They were very accomodating as far as the time to start and said she would make sure we were back with plenty of time - maybe you could stick with them just not as long;)

I've emailed her but haven't yet heard back so I'm a bit worried.

I've emailed her but haven't yet heard back so I'm a bit worried.

Danyelle

I emailed her twice the first time before I got a reply - then she was pretty prompt about getting back to me. I basically wrote her saying that our times had changed and wanted to change to a 2 reef tour. She emailed back that, that was fine and told me the time to be there and how much it would be. You might want to tell her what ship you're coming on and what time you're "supposed" to dock. I think it sounds like it's been taking people awhile to get to port so they were moving their times around a little. Good luck and don't give up on Chellie yet!

Danyelle

I emailed her twice the first time before I got a reply - then she was pretty prompt about getting back to me. I basically wrote her saying that our times had changed and wanted to change to a 2 reef tour. She emailed back that, that was fine and told me the time to be there and how much it would be. You might want to tell her what ship you're coming on and what time you're "supposed" to dock. I think it sounds like it's been taking people awhile to get to port so they were moving their times around a little. Good luck and don't give up on Chellie yet!

You're so right! She got back to me this afternoon. We're now doing the 2 stop and we're good to go. Thanks Everyone!

cruisewiththekids - it's true, the currents to the south of the island can be stronger, although it really depends on the day and if the sea is particularly choppy the tours won't go.

The tours from Palancar include a professional guide (most likely a dive instructor), so they will look after your safety and you will all have lifevests too. But if your children are at all nervous it might not be so enjoyable for them, it really depends how confident they are in the water.

Hope that helps a little...

Ian

Archived